Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nicole's Wedding Day...

Today is my friend's Wedding Day....
She'll be married today @ 4pm!!!

Both of her parents have passed away. I can't imagine my wedding without my mom & dad. But, Nicole's strong, and she is as happy as can be with her fiance, Samai! They met in London, and they've both recently moved here to Dallas. (and I'm so happy they did!!!! I missed her when she was away!!!)

For Nicole...

Photobucket

"A Dozen Red Roses" by Tammy Graham

A dozen red roses
And a simple bouquet
Arrived at the church
On her wedding day

The bridesmaids gather 'round her
Last details done
But a dozen red roses
Who could they be from?

The moment was close now
The church filled with light
She stood like a picture
In a glow of white.
All her friends awaiting
The music softly playing
Yet, she reached for the roses
On the table where they lay.

Then from the roses
She picked up an envelope
Her hand was guided by her heart
And for every rose
A single teardrop fell
As she lifted her veil and slowly read the card:

"You're in your room sleeping
As I write these words
I know you won't read them
till years from now"

"God will call me home soon
I'll miss you're wedding day,
So your mom will keep
This note to send
With a rose bouquet"

"So take one of these roses
To hold in your hand
And I'll be beside you,

As Always,
Love Dad"

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

ok make me cry!

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Sweet...wishing your friend all the hapiness ever!

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Beautiful - what a nice thing to do for a friend...

Hallie

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Aw sweet! My best friend is getting married in a month and i'm beyond excited for her!!

 
At 1:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAH!! Why must you make me cry? Why?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home