Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, February 22, 2008

Blogging from the Hospital....

Photobucket
Well...I had no more than hit "submit post" on that last medical update before the Hubby came out of the bathroom from vomiting blood.

Not good.

He threw up several times before we made it out of the house & into the ER nearby.

Got him here to the hospital. He's got a GI Bleed. He's failed his "TILT" tests, meaning that every time he stands up, his heart rate is going down & so is his blood pressure. So far, his labs are coming back within normal limits, but they will be redrawn around 5am. The doctors said that it is normal for the first labs drawn to be completely normal, and then go down after a few hours from the onset of symptoms. Hmmm...

He's got an NG tube (up his nose, down his throat, into his stomach) to empty the blood from his stomach. He's been given anti-nausea meds, and a bit for pain, but they had to hold off on the pain meds for a while because his blood pressure was dropping pretty low. Now, they've given him fluids & his pressure is back up, but on the lower side of normal. The admitting doctor says that it will be okay to give him more for pain finally....

So, we're admitted, but waiting on our bed assignment. They'll be doing the esophagogastroduodenoscopy (a scope to look at his esophagus, stomach, & duodenum) "first thing in the morning". The doctor is not sure of the exact time yet, as tomorrow is Saturday....

I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks for all of the well wishes & prayers...

19 Comments:

At 12:52 AM , Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Ugh! I hope that he feels better soon and that the doctors can get a handle on his issues.

 
At 3:53 AM , Blogger Laura said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

HUGS!

 
At 4:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take things a moment at a time and remember to breathe. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

xoxo

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

((((((((Lainey)))))))) You are in my thoughts.

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger Dana said...

How is Baby Gage doing with this? You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that your husbands stay in the hospital is a short one.

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

I hope they find what's going on soon. Good thoughts your way.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

I can only imagine your frustrations and anxiety. Prayers for both of you and the doctors so they can figure out what's going on.

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

That terrible! I hope he starts feeling better soon.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Kate said...

How terrifying! You are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope the test with the 'hoop-a-joop' went well and that you finally have some answers!

HUGS!

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

I'm so sorry all this is happening. Please know I am thinking of you and praying for your husband.

Hang in there, you are one strong lady!

 
At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys are going through this. I hope this last test givesyou guys some answers. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

BIG HUG!!!

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Man, Lainey! I hope they find some answers for you guys soon. Big prayers coming your way.

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

We're thinking of you, hoping that you can get some answers.

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Love said...

hope you both get some rest tonight and solid answers from the EGD.
praying for all 3 of you...

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger A Mom Two Boys said...

Oh lord woman! I hope he's doing better and I hope you're doing okay. What a trial you are being put through.

Keep up the positive attitude!

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

Very scary stuff mate... I hope your hubby gets sorted soon and they know what is 'wrong' with him. poor bugger.

 
At 1:47 AM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

Please take care of each other...thanks for keeping us updated. Hang in there!

Heidi

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

*Hugs* I hope everything goes as well as possible. That's some scary stuff right there.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

Oh Lainey. I'm so sorry. I am thinking about you and praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home