Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, February 25, 2008

There's No Place Like Home...

Photobucket

We're home now.
We got released last night.
We were able to keep our appointments today, so that was good!

Last night, got home....got Gage to bed....my mom's staying with us for a few days. Gage woke up from a noise, or bad dream...something. So, I took him to bed with me. He kicked all night long, and woke up at the butt-crack of dawn, but that's perfectly OKAY.
:)

Hubby's head was hurting, so he drank some coffee...and then stayed up late late late watching American Gangster with my mom.

Got up early....Kept our appointments today. We've been cleared by the neurologist for surgery. But now, in light of the GI bleed, we have to be cleared by the GI doc before we can move forward on surgery. So....that's where we are. And, we're looking tentatively at surgery next week.
Still, just waiting on the all-clear from the GI docs, and the blood levels to increase.

...and being home is so great.
We were busy most of the day, but when we have been home, life has been good. I made seafood stew for dinner. It was yummy to the tummy. And, I am picking Eddie up from the kennel tomorrow. That will be great too. We'll all be back to normal!

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

Glad you're home. Glad your mom is there with you. I'm so impressed by your positive spirit, love.

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am sure that it is good to be home. I hope that everything proceeds smoothly for the surgery. I am sure it is hard to have everything shifting around on you right now.

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

Welcome home! I hope you get the final OK you are waiting for, and then that this will be the last - resolving - surgery!

Heidi

 
At 6:10 AM , Blogger dlyn said...

My first stop on your blog - sorry you are all going through such struggles - hope your husband heals up quickly.

 
At 6:21 AM , Blogger ~melinda~ said...

there really IS no place like home. you are a strong chick. really. keep it up, whatever you are doing.

:) melinda

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

You all are in my thoughts and prayers. It's amazing how you guys keep your spirits up.

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

So good to hear you are getting good news...

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger S said...

Glad that you are home! Good luck with the surgery.

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Welcome home! I know that makes things a lot better. Hoping that the GI doc approves the surgery ASAP.

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger jennwa said...

I am glad you are home, I can wait to things get back to normal for you guys.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Judy said...

So glad to hear you guys are home!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

Home is a great place to be. Good luck with all the upcoming appointments!

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Alice said...

I've been out of town and not checking blogs like I have wanted to....just wanted to let you know you are being thought of and prayed for in Atlanta.

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

Glad to hear that you are home now and that everything is slowly returning to "normal."

Kimmy

 
At 4:34 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Glad you are home.

Take care of yourself too...do not forget about you. Moms have a tendency to look after everyone but themselves.

Sending you lots of well wishes, hugs and prayers surgery is soon.

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Glad you guys are home and that you have some help. Sounds like things are still on track, so that's a good thing. I bet Gage was so happy to spend time with you!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Definitely - there is no place like home. It's a refuge and gives you some peace from the crazy times.
(Not to mention some quality time with the little guy.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home