Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Update....

Next surgery: 3/10.

I have to take FMLA at work.
I was a little pissed about it.
My dad, of course, tells me to look at the bright side....it wasn't long ago that FMLA was not an option....yada, yada, yada.

Here's why I didn't necessarily want to do it: I have plenty of PTO (paid time off) to cover my absences. So far, I've missed 6 days of work related to this issue. I will need to miss 3 more the week of the surgery. I have PTO to cover it. And, you only get 12 weeks of FMLA. For me, I only work 24 hours per week, so every 24 hours of work that I miss equals one week of FMLA. So, I'm down to 9 weeks left. The FMLA re-generates every 52 weeks, not at the end of the calendar year. So, if I get pregnant & deliver within the next year, I will only get 9 weeks for maternity leave. With my last pregnancy, because of bedrest & my c-section, I was off for more than 12 weeks, and I went back to work when Gage was 8 weeks.

I dunno. I need to just make peace with this.
The likelihood of me getting pregnant & delivering within the next 52 weeks gets slimmer by the day....so, I am probably just fretting over this for no good reason.

Anywho....Happy Sunday morning.
:)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Gotta love the politics of the workplace - NOT! Scott has similar issues with his time off - I always tell him to simply wait until the morning of whatever day he needs to take off and call in sick (he has about 3 months' worth of sick leave he NEVER uses), but he does the 'right' thing and applies for time off, only to have it denied for one reason or another. Grrr.

I'm glad to hear that everything will be resolved in about a week or two. Here's to a "normal" spring and summer!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Kate said...

How aggravating! And I also assume that the FMLA is unpaid? Either way, you have every right to be peeved.

I agree that you need to make your peace about it, like you said. But it's okay to spend a little time being annoyed.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I could tell you not to fret about the future but I often do it myself (as a distraction...)
Stay strong. Still thinking of you.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

No, if you want to get paid while you are out for the care of your spouse, you get to use BOTH your FMLA and your PTO.
:(

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

This kind of stuff just makes me steaming mad. To this day, I still don't understand how they handled my maternity leave.

I hope this all gets sorted out soon. I know I keep saying that...but I I really do hope it's coming to a close.

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

No, I think FMLA is 12 weeks...as in 480 hours. But I could be wrong.

Just look at it as legally your job is safe. It sucks, thankfully you have the time to be paid. That's always good, right?

Anyway, all that said... vent til all your frustration about it is out and you feel better. That's what I do. :)

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

You have been through so much, and it really sucks having to deal with the politics of work on top of all that. I'm so sorry. We've been out and I wasn't able to check in, so I missed a lot. I can't imagine how scared, worried and frustrated your family has to be. The part about Gage crying in the car just broke my heart. I'll keep praying for you and your family.

 
At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery next week. Take things one day at a time and deal with what's in front of you right now. A lot can happen in 52 weeks and I hope it all works out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home