Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Thank Goodness He's Mine...

Gage is so funny. He just makes me laugh sometimes! Okay, a lot of the time.



Conversation today:
Mommy: "Are you ready to go to the grocery store?"
Gage: "No, I gonna just stay here."
Mommy: "By yourself?"
Gage: "mmm-hmmm."
Mommy: "Do you think that's a safe plan? What are you going to do if there is an emergency?"
Gage: "I don't like 'mergency. You just have it."
[pushing me toward the door]
Gage: "You go to the store. I have work to do. I gonna just do the dishes MYSELF."

Okay....CPS, you heard it here first: I let him stay home alone b/c he didn't want to go to the store. I'M FREE AT LAST! I just might shop all night!

[you all know that I am only kidding, right?]

Last night...
Gage: "Mommy, what's in your mouth?"
Mommy: "Nothing."
Gage: "You hiding sumpin?"
Mommy: "No."
[he opens my mouth, pokes at my tongue, and then tilts my head back, still looking in my mouth]
Gage: "What's down your drain?"

It was sooooo funny!

And, he has a new word: Bin-ga-ger. Um, in the English language, that translates into Vinegar. He kept telling me that he did not like his apples. "Dis is yucky. It tastes like bin-ga-ger!"
WHAT?
What?
FINALLY! My husband figured it out. He recently got a taste of vinegar at my mother-in-law's.

He's a mess! ....and he's aaaalllllll mine!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Now only is he staying home but he is doing the dishes too? He is gonna make someone a great husband someday.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

too darn funny. the things they say amaze me!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Those laughs we get from our kids? One of THE biggest perks of motherhood.

(Gage looks adorable in those glasses!)

 
At 5:30 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

So cute! And the glasses are adorable too.

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

I love it when kids invent their own language. My daughter used to call mittens "mippets" and a hamburger was a "hangabur".

Kimmy

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG!! Hilarious!!! I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks!

I was making grilled cheese once and asked Z if he wanted one. He looked really serious and said, "No thank you, I like boy cheese."

heheheh!

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

ha! thanks for the laff.
love the pic. he's so studious!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

How cute! It's so fun to hear about the way kids' minds work.

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny and I love how he has the (your?) glasses on upside down.

Um, yeah, he says he's going to clean while you're gone. Clean up after the wild party he's planning. =)

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

He is absolutely adorable. I love how close the two of you are and your relationship. Very lucky!

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Jen said...

LOL! He's adorable! I can't WAIT for the talking! Oh you are so lucky! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home