Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, November 30, 2007

Today...

Today....is a terrible, horrible, no-good-very-bad day.

And, it was all that way even before 7am.

This morning....woke up tired. Didn't sleep well.
Had to iron my pants....nothing ironed.
Gage wanted "donts" to take Memaw's.
So, we stopped at the gas station. As I was getting back in the car, I dropped my Pumpkin Spice coffee & it hit the ground---& splashed back up on my off white/stone colored pants. It was PUMPKIN COFFEE. So, it was brown & orange. You could totally see it all over me & all over the interior of my car. Baby wipes only go so far when cleaning messes up.
So, I drop Gage off, and then go to my local WalMart to find something to wear to work. Called in for being tardy with the "nothing to wear" excuse. Our secretary just laughed & laughed. It was kind of silly...but whatever.
Get here....oh sh*t. Today's the day of our internal disaster drill (I work in a hospital). Greeeeeaaaat. Hurried to change. Got in place.
Next thing I know I'm being paged to go to one area.....and then I did....they wanted me to meet with X. The scenario was explained to me. BUT: they didn't explain if he was a real patient, or part of the simulated disaster drill. I asked, got no answer. So, then I explain that X is not where they told me he would be. Person..."N" told me to go find him. I explained, "I have never seen X. I dont know him. I dont know who I'm looking for. I can't look for someone I've never seen." N further states, well, you lost him & you need to go find him. To which I replied (& probably should not have) "I didn't lose shit." She then tells me what he looks like....only: he's not somebody's father, he's a 17 yo kid. He's not wearing a dark suit, he is wearing a dark jacket & light gray stone washed jeans. He's not tall! I'm 5 feet tall, and this kid is barely taller than me.
So to recap: I was looking for a "father" of one of the patients who is tall, in a dark suit, wearing glasses, with dark hair.
X in reality was a 17yo not in a suit, not tall, but hey---he had glasses & dark hair.
WTF?

So.....that's that. we had our disaster drill & I had my own personal coffee disaster this morning.
I just want to get Gage & go snuggle on my couch at home.

13 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh man, how frustrating.

It's snowing here and super cold. I would love nothing more than to go home and curl on my couch right now. And pumpkin coffee sounds excellent...not the wearing it part though! ;)

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

Oh that does sound like a dreadful start for the day. So was Mr. X part of the drill or not?

I work in a hosptial too and they set up fake disaster drill scenerios for us as well. We have to talk to dummies, when I think about it now it is hilarious. It is really silly what they make us do, how do you assess the pain level and respitory status of a dummy?

I hope your day goes up from here.

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Angel said...

awwww...go home! Get Gage, a blanket and a good book,, and snuggle with your baby...

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

yes, X was a 17yo kid playing the part of an adult. All a part of the disaster scenario.

 
At 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TGIF is all I can say. You deserve a nice long weekend of snuggles!

Hope the rest of the day was better

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger kat said...

That is frustrating indeed. Hope you're having a better evening and a wonderful weekend.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

That's sucky!! Thank goodness it's Friday. cuddle with your boy on the couch and enjoy your weekend, love. I spilled a mocha all down the front of me last week at work. Oh the fun. =(

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger S said...

Ugh, what a lovely Friday (snark)!

Well, at least it's over now.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Love said...

oh, those disaster things always crack me up. the stupid stuff we have to do. but, that's not funny...why don't they just tell you who you're really looking for. stupid.

i now i'm off to make my own pumpkin spice coffee. for real.

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Did you at least get something cute at Wal-Mart? Something that you kind of liked? I hope so. It would help to make up for the craziness... just a little bit. Hope you have a great, relaxing weekend.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Snuggle time with the little guy sounds like a perfect way to end the week.
Hope your weekend is a good one!

 
At 5:48 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

I hate days like that.

 
At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a very, crappy day. When days start out like that, sometimes it seems better to call in sick and get back in bed. It usually goes downhill from there.
On the bright side, it was a Friday. Hopefully, you don't have to work on the weekends.
Hope you got your snuggling time in. That can cure anything!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home