Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

I had some major dental work done.

Went in at 12:30.
It's 5pm now. I'm finally home.
1/2 of my face (um, the lower half) is still numb. feels swollen, but it looks normal in the mirror. yes, I had to check. don't make fun of me.
my tongue feels like it is the size of a movie-theatre-pickle. (you know the ones....) anyway...the medicine is starting to wear off. the left lower quadrant is reeeeeeeeaaaallly starting to hurt. like down in the bone & somehow in my ear canal kind of hurt. ....and I'm pretty sure that I may be drooling on myself.

Thank goodness I'm home alone right now, right?
...of course...I did just post the details on the internet....
yup, i'm smart.

...further proof that I'm smart: I decided to have this done 2 days before the major EATING holiday. come to find out, I may have chewing sensitivity for a few weeks. lucky me. I'm smart.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 3:54 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Ouch...
Hey, everybody looks in the mirror after major dental work!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
(The mashed potatoes shouldn't hurt...)

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Christy said...

That stinks. I hope you are feeling better by Thursday. You have to stuff yourself silly!

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

You could totally market this as a new holiday diet plan, but I'm sure the cost and pain involved may deter many from participating. Eh, who am I kidding? The world is looking for whatever fix they can. People would do this!

But I do hope you're feeling better by T-day. Because seriously. It's turkey!

 
At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is perhaps the greatest diet plan ever! It's really had to gain wait when you can barely eat anything. I hope it feels better soon, though. I've got one one word for you...ice cream...lots of it. Okay, so it's technically two words, but still delicious!

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

ooh.. I hope you feel better soon. well think of it this way.. youve found the way to diet through the holdidays!

 
At 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouchie!
Feel better soon...look on the bright side you'll be all set for Christmas!
Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

ugh. sounds super yucky. hope you feel better soon!!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Em said...

Youch! Hope your better soon!

 
At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, teeth issues suck!
Especially during the eating holidays. Yes, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing with GRAVY!! I think I just gained 5 pounds typing that.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger kat said...

Bummer, right before Thanksgiving. Hope you'll feel better soon.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Actually, I think you are pretty damn smart. I will eat like a starving sow tomorrow and then rue the day...

But, hey...I HATE that feeling of everything being so numb and buzzy and then it hurts. Maybe you should make your husband go get you a malted?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home