Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 19, 2007

THIS is why I can't have anything nice....

My precious, beautiful, all-my-own-car....
Bought it.
It's mine.
I love it.
Had a flat tire the within...what? the first week or so. My fault. swerved to miss a squirrel, hit a really big city bump, & got a flat tire. Not fun, but no biggie.

Tonight however, the hubby was parking my beautiful jaguar in the garage, and backed it into the house.

Yes, this fab-o car w/ the rear back up sensor that tells you when objects, you know, or WALLS are behind you...um, he still managed to back it into the house.

Picture this: the cat on the back porch eating.
The dog lazing on the cold tile floor of the laundry room.
The baby, nestled snug in his bed.
Me, on the couch watching "Project Runway" & eating a 1/2 pint of ice cream...when I hear the house shake. Or shift. Or something.
I assume that hubby is home from his evening out.
Go to the garage door, to check out the "sound" that I heard.

...I scared the shit out him. He of course wanted to "check out the damage" before Mama-bear came out.

So of course, I've banned him from my car until his luck changes, and he is responsible for getting it fixed. I don't mean financially---we share $, so that's not it. I mean the headache. The hassle. The taking it into the shop & dealing with car dealerships, etc.
I'm not doing that shit. Period.

UGH.
So please, if you see me driving down the road w/ a dented ass-end---just know that I didn't do it.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. Believe me, I know. My garage door is still not fixed.

 
At 12:28 AM , Blogger kat said...

Whoa Nelly and they say women can't drive...As if. Anyway if I was in your position I would have him take care of getting the car fixed as well. Aaargh it hurts me just to think about it. Be strong.

 
At 4:19 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I would def. make him deal with the hassle. I am currently going through dealing with customer service after my brand new laptop crashed....it sucks!

 
At 5:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I backed into an open gate at the farm last week.

I love my truck. Love it.

The first thing DH said when I told him what happened was "I'm sure glad you did it and not me!"

 
At 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he not hear the sensor? I totally don't blame you for making him handle the hassle of repairs.

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

yes, he heard the sensor, and since it's a narrow opening & small garage space, he is used to the sensor beeping until it becomes a tone, and then he has "just so much space" to back up into. So...this time, his judgement was off.

Lucky me, right?

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Ummmm, a Jag? Into the house? And you aren't divorced yet?

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Love said...

aww...poor jag. =( lol @ the lack of attention to the sensor. our husbands are so blessed that we love them so. =) (and probably vice versa, too i guess)

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Angel said...

OMG! You have a JAG?!?!?! That is my DREAM car and there would be NO WAY IN HELL that I would let my husband even LOOK at it, let alone drive it!

(sniff sniff)...

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Damn stupid husband. John is always backing into things too - trees, poles, other cars.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Sorry about the vehicle - ouch! Hope he gets on it soon and fixes it!

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Jen said...

OMG I recently did the SAME THING to my beautiful Touareg! It has sensors that tell you how close you are to stuff and I just didn't listen! I was like I KNOOOOW! SHHHH!! And now I have a big dent. Wah. I feel ya. I do.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

NO FUCKING WAY! OMG OMG OMG I'M SO VERY SORRY

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Maria said...

God, yes. Bing has ran into things FOUR times with her car. I have NEVER done that. And she says that I am the worse driver...

No way, ray.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh my. You are a forgiving woman.

My lovely husband has rear-ended someone about every other year since I've known him. Usually in rush hour traffic, usually at less than 15mph. And once into a truck with a trailer hitch to inflict maximum damage to his car. He's a good driver most of the time, he just gets distracted sometimes. No phone, no radio, just whatever's going on in his head. Sigh. His next car is going to be a stick and hopefully he'll just stall the thing rather than rolling into the car ahead of him. Oh, and he wants to get a job downtown so he can take the bus to work. I am very supportive of that plan.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home