Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, July 27, 2007

Caught off guard...

Well...so my thoughts this morning, "Since I'm no longer pregnant, and I've generally really enjoyed drinking my coffee in the morning...let's reintroduce my body to that."
Right before I found out that I was pregnant this time, the smell of coffee just made me want to hurl...so I haven't had coffee in about 2 weeks. This morning, I tried it again.

Not sure if that is what caused my puking spell this morning or not.
Whatever the reason---I was huggin' the porcelein god for a while.

That of course was completely traumatic for Gage, who follows me everywhere I go, and unfortunately had to witness "Mommy sick". So Damon got him calmed down & I'm now laying on the couch eating a few crackers & watching some show on the History channel about oceanography & rogue waves.

We were caught off guard...night before last with something that Gage said. Now in the grand scheme of things, I only knew that I was pregnant with this baby for a little over a week before we found out that it had died. During that time, we talked to Gage about the baby, and we just assumed that he didn't grasp the concept or was just not interested.... Anyway...one night, when we didn't know anything bad about this pregnancy....we were on the couch & I asked Gage, "Do you love Mommy?" "mmmm hmmm." "do you love Daddy?" "mmm-hhhmmmm." "Do you love Eddie?" (the dog) "mmmm-hmmm." "do you love the baby?" "mmmm-hmmmm." Somehow the cat got left out of the mix...

But night before last, I asked Gage, "Do you love Mommy?" And he said, "mmm hmmm. and daddy and eddie and baby."
Oh, it just caught us off guard, you know?

But...I just know that he's too young to understand the whole situation...and eventually he'll just forget about the new baby. I mean, he's not even 2 yet...

Today....more bleeding, but less cramping. Puking. No fever...i don't think. I was not sure that the Darvocet was working...until I stopped taking it. Today really is not bad pain-wise, which is surprising to me because the bleeding has increased. But, the cramping really has not been bad today.
I have to take antibiotics to make sure I don't get an infection. That's no biggie. My throat hurts from puking. And I might be getting just a bit snippy from being couped up at home. I doubt I'll be able to convince Mr.Lainey-Paney to go anywhere---and I don't want to take the Darvocet b/c that will eliminate my chances of operating heavy machinery. (damn---no driving the Zambone today....or the lawn mower...yeah, like I planned on pushing that shit...ever. Hide your forklifts ladies & gentlemen---Lainey-Paney's on drugs & she's looking for something to drive!)

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

your shit cracks me up! i love it. I'll make sure to hide the bulldozer i keep in my back yard

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Puking is the worst.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Em said...

puking is just crap!

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Phoenix said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon. Puking for any reason sucks ass.

And I'm so sorry for your loss.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger CBM said...

Rest assured, Gage will forget in time. Ava was 2 1/2 last summer when we lost that baby. I really think she has no memory of that event now, even though she was totally in the know about the pregnancy, the loss, the surgery, the grieving...all of it. It is hard for Gage to see you sad or sick, but he'll be okay. Don't you worry.

Thank goodness your procedure was done in the doctor's office not the hospital. They intubated me, and my throat hurt worse than anything else for a solid week. I can't imagine puking with an already pained throat! You hang in there.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger angie said...

Sorry you are feeling so yucky...being sick is awful! Hopefully you get to feeling better soon!!

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad! It's not like you haven't already been through enough.

I'm hiding the Bobcat from you!

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I hate puking, so I feel for you girl. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey--I wanted to respond to your comment over on my blog, but I can't find your e-mail address anywhere. I actually did start a self-portrait project, but I haven't worked on it for awhile. You can see the photos I did take here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alissaspics/sets/72157600032904642/

I really need to get back to it, but it's not always easy to find the time.

Thank you so much for your comments about my photos. It means more than you know :-)

 
At 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alissaspics/sets/
72157600032904642/

try this one...

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Watch out.. hide the machines!! lol.. to funny.. I have "my beast" if you wanna borrow it.. doubt ANYTHING could hurt it!!

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Beth said...

You sound so much better - (that last little bit at the end re: heavy machinery).
And what a sweetheart Gage is - I know his remark caught you off guard, but he's certainly a smart little guy!

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Wanna borrow my ting ting thing?
Hee Hee

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Gidget said...

Just read through and caught up on your sucky week. I am so sorry for you ....and will be praying for you to feel better soon. Puking is the worst!
Be blessed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home