Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 26, 2007

My little smile finder...

Gage has worked wonders for me...he just makes me smile.

Lately, he's been saying some funny stuff....and is so very talkative!

"Popagalloon." = Pop a balloon = Mommy accidentally popped a balloon.

"Arm Knee" = elbow. How cute is that? He knows he has a knee on his leg, so he thinks his elbows are knees for his arms... Oh, it's just funny to me.

"Hose yoooo" = Hold you = Will you pick me up & hold me?

"Suckie purse" = I want a sucker, and you keep them in your purse. (So, to all of my female family & friends---if you come over, & Gage points to your purse & says "suckie purse", I'm pretty sure he's not dissing your bag. He just wants candy. Unless of course your purse sucks---then he may just be telling the truth...)

Oh, what else? There really are so many things that he says throughout the day that just make me smile...

And, I said "crap" yesterday. Of course, he repeated it...repeatedly. So, while I should have been pissed at myself....(1) it was soooo funny & cute to hear that come out of his mouth, and (2) it could have been any other word, and worse!

The ultimate smile finder....after the fact, of course. Picture Gage & I sitting in the living room at his little table---coloring. Picture the florist coming to the door. We go, we answer the door, "thank you for the flowers..." etc. Gage did not want me to shut the front door, so I left it open. The glass door was shut though.
So, there I am reading the card, showing Damon, & just looking at the flowers. Then I realize---Gage is coloring all over the damn door! So, I tell him to stop, and I attempt to take the colors out of his hands. So, picture my almost 2 year old in his little pajamas, running from me---clenching crayons, and his arms just spread out as far as he can get them. As he runs from me---he's trying to color on any and all surfaces that he passes before I pry the colors from his little white clenched fists.
UGH.
Draining in the moment....but funny looking back on it.

He's making me feel better. He keeps us very, very busy.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Oh yes, they work little wonders, don't they? After Mom died, and while I was mourning the fact that she missed meeting 3B by just a few days, it was 3B who made me smile, and even laugh, repeatedly. Of course, he also kept me busy--even if he wasn't tearing around with fists full of crayons at the time. It was good to be busy, and good to know that I could still laugh. He might not know it, but Gage is a little master, teaching big lessons. And you are a wise woman for seeing them.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger S said...

Glad that you can find a smile, even if it includes crayons on a wall.

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Beth said...

So happy you are feeling a bit better - and no wonder, with that gorgeous (impish) boy of yours to bring out the smiles!

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger angie said...

Sounds like Gage is just the thing you need. Sometimes it's the little things that we stop and appreciate that make everything better!

Thanks for your comment on my blog too! I appreciate the advice :)

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Suckie Purse! AhahahahaaA!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

you just made me laugh so hard. omg that is hilarious. i was giggling out loud especially because i can soooo see my child doing that.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I am so glad that Gage is giving you a reason to smile right now. What a sweet little boy. And impish is right. I am laughing and smiling at the picture of him running with a fistful of crayons.

 
At 6:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arm Knee and Suckie Purse are my new favorite sayings...

I'm stealing those...If you don't mind of course.

So happy he's found your smile!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Christy said...

You're a much nicer mommy than me. I don't think I would be laughing at the crayon incident in hindsight. I am mean like that.

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

You deserve a smile :)

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

As I said yesterday.. busy is good.. its very good. Keep looking for those little rays of sunshine... ps... Im getting ready to do my post for the day.. be sure you check it out.

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and Gage and your husband. I am glad Gage is finding a way to make you laugh.

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Children can get you over the hills like nothing else.

One foot in front of the other. That is all you need to do for now, okay?

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Arm knee. I love it

 
At 4:06 AM , Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

So sorry for your loss... and I'm thankful that you have little Gage to make you smile.

 
At 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "suckie purse" thing! LOL! I'm so glad you have Gage to make you smile :)

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Em said...

Glad you can find a smile at the mo, the post was soooooo funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home