Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's a girl!

...I think!

(okay, to my Mom: I am sorry. I know the blog post title must have had you sooooo excited. But, hear me out---I have almost convinced myself that this is a girl.)

Morning sickness: Each day is 24 hours long, right? Let's subtract 8 hours for sleeping. That leaves 16 hours for awake time. So, I'm nauseated for about 15 of those hours all day every day. This has been going on for a few days now. I remember Dr.Brough saying that morning sickness peaks at 8-10 weeks, so I think I may be in that little time frame...or, it's a girl. Why do I think that? Because I don't EVER remember being this queasy all day every day when I was pregnant with Gage.

Pre-PG Weight: 112. pounds
Pre-queasiness weight: 115. pounds
Today's weight, after queasy for days & not wanting to eat hardly anything: 113.8 pounds.

What else makes me think it's a girl??? Well, they say if you are pregnant with a boy then you are radiant & glow. If you are pregnant with a girl then you...well, you don't look so hot because the baby girl steals all of your beauty. Well, I don't feel well, and I look gross, and this baby is stealing my beauty & my hair! (1) Found another spot (we knew that would happen since I cut my hair short...it was bound to happen...), & (2) I've been shedding like crazy. I had great hair when I was pregnant with Gage. It followed the classic "you shed less when you're pregnant" pattern. Not this time.

So...I'm 99% convinced that it's a girl!
...or, it's just that every pregnancy is different, and I am taking the differences & assuming that it means I am carrying a different gender child than my last pregnancy...

....hmmmm....only time will tell.

The good news: now that I've chopped my hair off, it won't get in my way when I'm puking my guts up.
Always nice to look on the bright side, right?

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger CBM said...

Oh, hang in there friend! Remember how worth it it will be when you have that baby in your arms!

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

yeah i did this same thing. first i thought, well gee since i'm covered in pimples (i dont get pimples) its a girl, and since i didnt get sick this time its a girl, and my cravings are different its a girl. Nope another Boy BOY BOY BOY! I can't make girls!

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Well at least the glass is half full!! And just think how fun it will be to buy pink instead of blue!!

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

I was so sick with Kya... I had morning sickness for 25 weeks... I thought it was never going to end than one day I realized it had gone away. I am so sorry you are sick.. I hadn't gained any weight with Kya until my 7th month. Then I gained 50! yikes but I lost all most all of it the first two weeks and the last 15 took 12 months lol...

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Mrs. Jo said...

Oh my dear...I would agree with you it's definitely a girl...my girls took everything out of me...I swear I was sick for five months straight with my oldest..best of luck!

 
At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want a girl? I will hope that for you if you do.

I had a fairly easy pregnancy the first time around, not much nausea, not much of anything. Boy.

The second time, I threw up 2 or 3 times a day, EVERY day, from 6 weeks until I was well past 18 weeks. I lost 9 pounds. I was nauseous every waking moment. When the nausea/vomiting went away, I began to retain water and swell up and I ended up gaining nearly 60 pounds on top of the 9 I lost. And still, it was another boy :-)

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Beenzzz said...

The queasiness thing sucks pretty badly. I had morning sickness pretty badly with my daughter, so your theory is most likely right. Hang in there!

 
At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are cute.

I hope you feel better soon...the queasy sucks.

 
At 7:00 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

A girl would be good. Right? And what kind of names are you thinking? I love names

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I most certainly did NOT glow when I was pregnant with River and he's all boy. Then again, I also didn't really have morning sickness much either, so I suppose there is still hope for girl!

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger S said...

OK, I'm a bit behind...
CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Em said...

well lets hope it is a girl them - lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home