Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, July 13, 2007

Ketchup....Catsup....

or, rather, "Catch Up".

Yes, that's what we need to do here folks...we need to play "catch up."

So, this past week was week one of the new program.
"Why, Lainey-Paney....whatever do you mean?"
Well, remember when I posted about working part time...and staying home part time?
Well...I'm doin' it.

I'm a part-time-stay-at-home-mom.
I'm a part-time-employee.
I'm not attending grad school this summer, and classes will resume in the Fall. So...that means that I do NOT go to work for 4 days out of the week...and I work 3 days a week.

"Oh my goodness, Lainey-Paney! You must LOVE that!"

Well....I'm not hatin' it; you know what I'm sayin'?
But....it's damn sure not as easy as I thought it would be.

Take for example, the following:

"Oh, Gage, was there some sort of teeny-tiny bomb in your cereal bowl that made the contents explode all over the table? Because...I don't remember my cheerios flying out of my bowl when I ate mine..."

Now that actually happened on Monday night, and the good Lord only knows why I didn't learn from that mess.
Tuesday morning....as I've decided that it is time to phase out the highchair...I gave Gage a bowl of yogurt...set him in his little chair at his little table to watch "ca-toons" as I ignorantly believed I could sneak away into the kitchen to load the dishwasher. [stupid, stupid woman.] A few minutes later, here comes the walking yogurt monster with his yogurt covered jazz hands, whining, "stick-eeeeee. stick-eeeeee."
Yogurt: head to toe.
Okay, not on his toes....but on his legs down to the ankle.
Hair---yogurt.
Cheeks---yogurt.
Chin, neck, chest, tummy, thighs, knees, shins.....yogurt.
Forearms & hands....yeah....yogurt.
So, I didn't even FIND the yogurt bowl until nap time. (it was under the couch if you are wondering.)
The detective in me has decided: it looks like our suspect emptied the contents of the bowl onto the blue table. He then used his hands to coat the entire flat top surface of the table in what appears to be---yogurt. After this, he used his yogurt coated hands to smear the substance on his person. The hand prints in the yogurt are small, and we believe our suspect is about 3 feet tall, has small hands, and is most likely: coated in yogurt. If you see anyone fitting this description, he is armed with yogurt & sticky. He is a threat to non-washable surfaces everywhere. Hide your silk scarves, ladies.

So....moving on....
My child has nobody to play with except me on Day 1 of SAH-Status (stay-at-home-status). So, we play a lot of "twucks" & football in the living room.
I'm about "twucked-out" by nap time, and so ready for a break.
So was he.

So....all in all...it was a very long day.
But, we had fun.
I was tired as hell by the time Damon got home....but it was nice to just not have to go to work.

So, then on Wednesday I had another day off. I had to come up to the hospital for a baby shower...

Gage had a good time helping Sarah with all of the leftover tissue paper...

After the shower, we had to go up to the school to get cleared for registration (mandatory meeting with advisor...yada, yada, yada....)
So, that made for a better stay at home day b/c we both got out & about & saw people, and we weren't just staying at home looking at each other & mentally saying, "So, what do you want to do now?"

It looks like lunches with Jamie are in the near future. She's my "roll-dawg" at work, but she quit & now works in downtown Dallas for Bickel & Brewer. She wants to get together for lunch.
Megan works downtown too....so we can meet her for lunch too!
Susan's got some time off before her new job starts....so we're going to get together for shopping! (Damon & David: don't read that! We're not...."shopping"...we're researching current merchandise & goods that are available for OTHERS to purchase.)

And in OTHER news.... we are 99% done with the painting in the nursery.
Yes, we still have 1% to go, but I need to go get the right brush for the touch-ups.
And, we still have not hung anything on the walls yet....so, I'm going to post some pics, but remember it's still not COMPLETELY done.


(Yes, that is his mobile suspended from the ceiling. We can't hang it on the crib, or he might pull it down....but he loves it & insists on playing the music EVERY time he goes down to sleep.)


You know...I hear some moms say that they never used their changing tables & thought it was a waste of space & money.
That's so not me. I use mine ALL THE TIME. I certainly use it every morning when I get Gage up. I change him there & usually get him dressed there. I just love having it.

Okay....so, it's Friday afternoon. I will be off work until Monday.
Then on Tuesday we're getting internet at home & new TV service (it's a package deal...)
Wednesday, there is a wedding shower for my friend, Hillary....don't know if we'll make it to that or not...but we may try.
Her wedding is August 4th....so that should be fun!
:)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

you have the prince lion heart bedding don't you? i loooove wendy bellissimo's stuff. brandon has her vintage fire truck set. the new baby is getting something super cute from gap

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger Beth said...

When I started working part-time, I nearly went crazy being the sole playmate. Found other mothers at home pronto! Made for many lasting friendships - amongst the mothers and the kids.
Love the paint colour in the nursery.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

Yeah we've gotten good use out of our changing table (well, the pad on top of the dresser.)

I'm taking summer off of grad school, too! I should probably look up when fall classes start.

Love the nursery!

We have to get out and see other people a LOT or we bore each other.

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

I make a rule to go out at least once every other day! Kya gets bored if it is just me all the time. And I get bored too :)

I also thought changing tables were a waste of money at first... but then when you have a screaming wiggling poop covered baby, you learn to use the changing table. I use mine all the time now too! :)

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I totally understand your long day. When I don't have anywhere to go during the day, Porgie gets super fussy. It makes for a long, long day.

Your nusery looks great. You have some impressive painting skills.

 
At 5:47 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

I'm glad you're liking your part time status! Gage is a hoot, but then I guess you knew that. And isn't yogurt a natural skin moisturizure or something? I'm sure his baby soft skin is even more baby soft and luxurious.

LOVE the nursery! Will you come paint some rooms in my house???

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

so..random comment of the day..your title reminds me of this little cheer we used to do when we were cheerleading and some one fell behind running.

HAMBURGERS HOT DOGS HURRY THOSE BUNS

MAYONNAISE MUSTARD CATCH UP!

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I love the paint job in the nursery and we are also big fans of the changing table. Our house is really small, so we pretty much only use the changing table.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Mummy M said...

The idea of yogurt covered jazz hands made me laugh out loud!

Welcome to the stay at home Mum's club!

Nursery looks v. good indeed. BTW we use our changing table for every nappy change at home. Once she eventually (our decorating not going as well as yours) goes into the nursery I am going to put her changing mat on her drawers as she is getting a bit too long for the changer and keep banging her heels on the end but I am still going to keep it to organise all the changing stuff on.


Kx

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

BABY GAP!!!!! They are the leader in selling baby converse, we have every damn pair they sell because my mom is shoe happy
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6395&pid=512447

I THINK IT WILL CUT THAT LINK OFF SO LET ME TRY AND BREAK IT UP
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.
do?cid=6395&pid=512447

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger kristi said...

I loved my changing table, til my son got so big and tried to jump off!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home