Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Don't Make Me Come Through This Phone."

"....because I will fucking do it."



So, I just got off the phone with the lovely institution where I do my banking.
Customer Service.
Ponder that for a moment.
The customer: that would be me. "Hi, I'm calling & I would like you to assist me."
The assistance, help, support....that would be the service part.
The service part should be performed by the employee working for the above mentioned institution, and their job title is most likely---Customer Service Representative.

"Hey Dip-shit that I spoke with: that means that it is your damn job to help me & shit when I call with a problem."

Needless to say, the first person I spoke with was not very supportive....or helpful...or assisting in any way---until he passed the buck to someone who (1) actually knew what they were doing, and (2) seemed to understand their role within the company.

So, what happened?

I logged onto my bank account to check on the balance, what's cleared, what hasn't.... What? What is this charge? I've never even heard of that company.

I call Damon. Hey, did you use my debit card lately?
(this is my personal account, so he does not have a card for it.)
The charge that cleared read to be a "check card purchase".
Um, I would have known if I spent that money.
The charge was for 7/10. I did nothing that day. I went nowhere. WTF?

So, "Sir Dip-shit the unhelpful customer service rep" answers my call.
I explain what happened.
"I want to dispute the charge, and I want my check card closed, cancelled, whatever. I want it deactivated."

The guy proceeds to tell me all about how the best wayyyyyyyyyyyy to yada, yada, dispute the charge. I told him that I want to do that, deactivate my card, and have a new card with new number issued....

He & I get into it about how I think disputing it is not enough, b/c obviously my info is out in cyberspace or in the wrong hands some way. He then proceeds to tell me all about how when it is investigated by the fraud detection...something about, "if you really did have anything to do with this, or you really did make this purchase..."
Did you just call me a liar?
I told you----I have not make a purchase with that company.
I have not set anything up on the internet.
I have not done any of this.

Then he's talking about how I don't need to deactivate my card....
I had to explain to him----"Every second that you waste telling me this, is one more second that fraudulent activity could be taking place on my card!"
I mean---what the crap does he care? It's not his checking account that's been tapped into.

And he said something about after an investigation....getting the $$$ back.
I told him, "Would you just stop? Would you just listen to me? I never said anything about you paying it back.We can get to all of that later. You can explain all of this little stuff to me, after you do what I've asked: What I want RIGHT NOW, is my card turned off!!!!"
What I care about is the information being out there.
So, then, he just wanted to argue, and tell me that I didn't understand that I just need to dispute the charge (AGAIN HE GOES THROUGH THIS....)
So, when I explained that I need to take whatever steps necessary to protect myself financially, and indicated that I would do whatever it took---up to & including closing all my banking business with their company, and moving my funds elsewhere.....suddenly I was placed on hold & he spoke with a supervisor to find out that I had to speak with fraud.

Spoke with them.
They deal with this shit everyday.
Finally....someone who seemed to be able to understand what I want & why I want it.

And now, My HEAD HURTS.

Don't anyone ask me to buy anything for the next few days. I ain't got no caaaaahhhd.

8 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Why do banks behave as if it's their money under discussion?
Hope your headache goes away soon and that a new card arrives pronto!

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

same shit happened to my mom. google adwords just charged her account, my mom barely knows how to use a computer let alone has a clue what the hell a google is

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

I spent MONTHS trying to close a bank account once. Sometimes I STILL get letters from them.

Today I spent about 1.5 hours on the phone with various companies trying to sort out some business. Why do they make it so hard? Wanted to cry.

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It makes my head hurt. I had one of these with my med insurance company the other day.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Girl, your luck just keeps getting worse and worse.

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Was that worker mentally retarded? How could he not understand your request.

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

lol seriously you crack my ass up! SAme shit happened to me... Except it was for like 800.00 and it was from XM radio. WHo the heck orders XM radio for 4 years??? NOT I!

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Monnik said...

This is so annoying, I would have been ticked off too. Banks can be so evil. And I work for one. But not in the Fraud or CS dept, so no worries, I wasn't the dipshit you spoke to. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home