Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 16, 2007

"Hey Dallas, Eat This!"

So, on Saturday night, we went to the "Taste of Dallas" festival in the downtown/WestEnd area.
For the life of me, I could NEVER remember the title...I kept calling it "Eat Dallas" or "Dallas, Eat This."
Damon just laughed at me....
But by the end of the night, it became
"Hey Dallas, Eat This!" - by Baby Gage.


So, needless to say, there were a ton of people down there.
Gage loved it.

We went to a restaurant that we thought was Joe's CrabShack.

Um...it wasn't.
We had a good time sitting on the patio, listening to live music...watching Baby Gage tear it up out there (he's a dancing machine).
And then our food came.
The good news: they didn't screw up my garden salad with ranch dressing.
The bad news: the fried catfish that Damon ordered was so horrible. Just thinking about it makes my stomach woooooozy.
I ordered the Mahi Mahi, which was fine. Not GREEEEEAT....but good. Damon's meal seriously brought our whole experience down. That's how bad it was.

But, like I said....Gage had a great time.
And in the following video...not only do I want you to notice Gage jamming to the band....but as the waitresses sail by....watch where his little gaze settles. Yes, my child is....I guess, an ass man.



Anywho.... our restaurant was across from the main entrance to the old West End Marketplace, and this what Gage would stare at when he wasn't checking out the ass end of the ladies:

He would say, "Oh, Monsssser".
Who taught him "monster"?? Or to be afraid of "monsters"?

And then they had this kiddie area with all kinds of inflatable slides & bounce-houses.
Of course, they're run by crooks.
Me: "No, I should be getting $18 in change, because I gave you a twenty, not a ten."
Him: wah-wah-wah-wah-wah.
Me: "Yes, I'm sure."

Whatevah.
Gage had a blast.

Kind of blurry...it was an action shot.

So...we were there until 8:30 or 9. Past that little boy's bedtime, that's for sure. But, he was soooooo good.

And, we were all sticky & hot as we were pulling out of the parking lot. We all thought, "hey, let's ride with the windows open."
Yeah....hindsight is 20/20....
As we tootled around, making our way lazily & happily through the downtown streets...back to the fierce interstate that brought us to the festival...we hear Gage say from his carseat: "Bottle." [he means sippy cup....]
"Bottle [pause] gone-gone."
"Uh-oh bottle. Gone-gone. Byyyyyyyyye."

What do YOU think happened? He chunked that shit out the window! We figure it was somewhere around Cadiz street.... I imagine Gage mentally yelling, "Hey Dallas, Eat This!"
And of course we were shocked & laughing, and then a little miffed because that was one of his favorite kind of little sippies. (although---really...they're super cheap Nuby brand at WalMart....I'll just have to go buy more.)

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

Looks and sounds like an uber-fun time! I haven't been to the WestEnd in years! But it's a fun place.

And the video was precious! Hey - at least he's healthy. Know what I mean??

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Glad to see the west end jumping. It has been looking a little dead lately. Wish I had gone too. I love food.

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Oh yea, and i just so loved watching your little man rock out while checking out the goods.

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Sounds like fun. I can't believe Gage tossed his bottle out the window! Porgie has a few Nuby cups, but she doesn't care much for them. I think she has to bite down on the Nuby tip, which totally baffles her.

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

hey, my sister lives near Dallas in some town called Frisco.... when I go down next we should meet for lunch at some very public very open place... lol lest you be a big fat hairy stalker in real life and have stolen those adorable shots of some hot mama and her kid from some other girl... :)

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Gage looks like such a big boy in that picture with you, such a cutie! I love your new hair too!

 
At 2:01 AM , Blogger Em said...

That looked superb, his dancing is great too!

Made me smile because its so what imagine America to be like!

 
At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I love the video! Your little man is growing up. He looked really cute dancing. That's so funny about the sippy cup! Let's hope he didn't nail someone with it!

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Craig's list is a free site that you can place items you have for sale locally. There is no auctioning like E bay and it is completely free to post items for sale. Craigslist.com. make sure you are looking in the Dallas section.

 
At 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great times!!! Looks like so much fun!

And don't be jealous of my kid and her potty...it was a long and unbearably misrable road and she just got it...I've been training her for a year...or should I say, she's been training me...

Nice to meet you!!! You will be added to my google reader now!!!

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Fun... I love stuff like that. We have tons of stuff like that in Baton Rouge and of course, New Orleans but, I'm not interested in being murdered or anything so I stay away from there!

Gage is very cute.

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Judy said...

You know, I'm not sure where they learn about monsters. I am almost positive that my younger son got the whole idea from his older brother (ya think????), but where my firstborn got the idea when he was itty bitty, I have no idea. I was one of those reeeeeeeeeeally anal moms - packed up the TV, hawked my child, etc, etc and he still came up with monsters and guns. Genetic, I think.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. As for the potty training, as jj said, it is a long, hard road. I didn't START with my first son until a week before he turned 3 - it was relatively painless. It's different this time around with the second because he wants to do EVERYTHING his brother does, including the potty. And, while I want to encourage all that (yes, ma'am I do!), he isn't quite ready, I don't think. We try, though.

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger FuzzyNotions said...

Aww, that is so cute! I love dancing babies. Yup, it looks like Gage is totally an ass man.

I love food festivals. What better reason is there to overeat that a festival totally devoted to food? Too bad the food wasn't very good though...

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

Classic video :)

You think those Nubies are cheap? I think they're expensive! Guess it's geographical.

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger Da Mommy said...

That video of Gage could probably win you 10,000 on america's funniest videos, I laughed my ass off!!! That was so funny! Especially like the licking of the lips at the end :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home