Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Not the posterchild for procreation...

So...I've got internet at home now.
Wooohoooo.

So...this morning I had a dr's appt. Supposed to be there around 8:45-9. Got there at 9:15. Got out of there about 10:20. Gage hated EVERY minute of it.
And, I asked Kaci, one of the girls at the front desk---"So, when are you guys going to have a one?" Perfectly timed question given the fact that Gage was in my arms, kicking, thrashing & screaming.
Her response, "We're NOT!"
me: "What do you mean? THIS doesn't look like fun? Running around chasing a toddler until you're sweating...and frantic to find ANYTHING that will just keep him quiet...Kaci, it doesn't get much better than this!"

yeah...i don't think i had her convinced....

After that...we came home...Gage threw a fit. It started as we were getting out of the car. He laid down on the sidewalk, kicking & screaming. I up-righted him, and he took off running...into the grass---toward the street. So, here I am--purse & keys in hand, in a skirt, running after him. When I reach him---he throws himself to the ground & is kicking & screaming. By now, a neighbor who walks regularly is passing in front of our home. Oh, I'm a proud mama, I am. I pick his little ass up, plant him firmly on my hip & we march up to the front door. He's going in whether he's ready or not. He's screaming, slapping at my hair, thrashing. We're both getting mad.And then......I dropped the keys. Fuck.
After that, I attempted to put him down for a nap. That didn't work out.

We kept our lunch date...which, he was very well-behaved for. I was pretty proud about that. Especially given the fact that he had not napped. Oh, and a little FYI: don't order the kids nugget meal at El Fenix. It totally sucks,and they need to stick with cooking Mexican food.

Then we came home & Gage wanted "yogo". That's yogurt. So, I fixed him some & gave him some "trapes" (b/c you know, his lunch SUCKED) & then we napped on the couch. He woke up disoriented & pissed about 20 minutes ago.
I was just glad that we both had a chance to nap.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, those days suck!

 
At 4:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was that woman at the doctor's office for years...I never wanted kids...

And days like that (I have them often) I think I could have been right. But then, they schnuggle into you and say "I love you Mamma" and that shit just melts away....

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I hate the days when Porgie doesn't want to nap. AWFUL!

When I was in the hospital about to deliver Porgie, one of the nurses told me that she didn't want to have kids because she had been "truamatized" by all the stuff she had seen while working at the hospital. Seems like a good enough reason to me.

 
At 5:24 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Ah yes, two is such a lovely age, isn't it?

NOT!

Ask my 7 year old...he is convinced he was NEVER like his little brother!

I had to laugh at your comment on my Luvs diapers and your pull up story. We actually did the exact same thing with swim diapers...got the pink dora ones instead of the Nemo ones (or whatever...just know that Dora = girlpants). Oh, we're still using them - in the land of all things Schlitterbahn, you definitely need swim pants, and they're paid for so we're using them!

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

omg.. how true.. i think i've lived that day a million times over!!

 
At 5:22 PM , Blogger Maria said...

God, those days of Liv flopping around like a rag doll and trying to see if she could outlast me.

She almost won a few times. Once, I was so mad at her that I had to put her in her crib and go in the bathroom and cry into a washcloth until I could NOT scream back at her.

And then you go in to their room and they are like a puddle of pudding, all cried out and just wanting to be hugged.

Until it all starts again....

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Nothing like those days to make you feel like SuperMom, huh? *snort*

It gets better. And worse. But definitely more fun. I think chocolate should be on your menu tonite! (other food optional)

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

i am so not looking forward to that stage AT ALL!!!

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger Em said...

Tough day! Not great when they refuse to nap!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home