Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 23, 2007

Problems....Sono tomorrow.

Well....I'm pretty much all cried out.
The dr's office called.
My beta has not doubled in the 48 hour period. apparently, they usually "at least double" in 48 hours. My test was a period of 47 hours, and it went from 39,000 to just over 47,000. My progesterone level is apparently "not high enough to maintain a pregnancy." They want to see me "first thing in the morning, to see if the baby has a heartbeat, and is growing in the right place. Dr.B is just concerned" (to quote Kim, the nurse today).

So....there's that.
It's just amazing to me that I found out about the existence of this baby 1 week ago. One week. I've been so excited & in love for one week. Is there a baby? Is there something wrong with the baby? Did I cause this b/c I didn't know I was pregnant? It's just....awful feeling.

On the flip side: what if we get there & the baby looks great. Can I take progesterone (shots, pills, patches, whatever...hand 'em over & I'll take 'em!) Or should I? Is this nature's way of telling me, "not this one....something's wrong." ?????

Does my baby have a heartbeat? Did it ever?

I just feel hot & cold & nauseated & horrible.
And, of course I've been sooooo excited, so I've told everyone & their mom about my new baby. I've been looking at maternity clothes & strollers, and we went out & bought some new non-gender-specific baby clothes.

So....just pray for my baby, and pray that no matter what is to be, that we are all able to find peace about this.
We're just scared.

Damon will be with me at the appt. in the morning, but he's got people coming in from out of state to meet with him about a project. Considering the fact that they are already in route, it's not like he can reschedule. So, since he probably won't be able to stay the whole time, my mom is coming up too.

Will it be horrible news?
Will it be be fine news: you have a baby, it has a heartbeat, it's in the right place, & your hormones are just funy. Here take the pills, y'all will all be fine.
I don't know what will happen. Like I said...we're just scared.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I understand. I've been there. And your progesterone levels are ONE value...the viability of a pregnancy is based on this AND other factors. Things might be fine. REALLY. The fact that your levels went UP is GREAT. Many women go on to have healthy pregnancies.

I'll be praying for you and for your baby. And I hope that your news tomorrow is good. I'll be here for you, either way.

NOW BREATHE.

xoxo

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Oh Lainey... I've been there too.. Everything mama said i was going to say so i'll just add to it... If it is just your progesterone you can take pills for it... if it wasnt for them i would not have been blessed with my two darlings. However if it does go the other way.... As it did with my first baby.... PLEASE feel free to contact me. Jessicashepherd@att.net I know you dont know me.. but i've been there.

And as said above.. Breathe... I will pray for you as well....

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I'll be praying for you - and thinking of you tomorrow.
God bless.

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I just prayed for you, Lainey. I'm sorry that you're upset and that this has happened. So, I know you don't know me but, if you can't sleep, email me and I'll give you my number. I'm an insomniac.
I really think you'll be fine. Either way, it was meant to be and I know that it's not always easy.

Kristen

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I'm so sorry, Laine. I hope baby will be okay.

I went through a similar situation with my pregnancy with Elise. My OB couldn't find her heartbeat and I had to go in for all kinds of bloodwork every 48 hours, and many OB appointments.

We had also hoped that the pregnancy was a good thing for the family, especially when my 18 year old cousin died suddenly. To play it safe, we didn't announce the pregnancy "just in case" I miscarried.

So I know how you feel. I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Try not to stress. (Easier said than done, I KNOW!) Get some rest.

Hugs.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Raesha D said...

I'll be praying for you...and hope that whatever God has in store for you brings you peace.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I am sorry. I hope everything is okay with this pregnancy. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could all still be OK. I will be thinking of you.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Judy said...

No matter what happens, it is nothing you did. I'm praying for your strength and courage no matter which way it goes.

I can tell from your comments that there are quite a few of us who have BTDT...you are not alone, and we all feel for you, hon.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

oh honey, im sure it will be fine. lets just think warm fuzzy baby thoughts!

side note, a burner is one of those crazy naked people who go out to the desert for the burning man festival...crazies i tell you

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

oh Lainey! I am praying you will have good news...

It is hard to be scared. They did the same thing to me with HCG levels or something.

But Kya is here and fine... you never know!

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I hope all goes well for you and i will have you in my thoughts tonight as I put my head to pillow. I too thought I had lost my baby at 10 weeks. the doctor told me the baby was most likely gone but a few agonizing hours later and there he was with a strong heartbeat. stay strong.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Kate said...

How scary! You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I am especially praying for peace and a good night's sleep. Hugs!

 
At 4:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Baby!

I'm praying for wonderful news.

And I'm sending hugs.

Feel them?

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Oh, L-P, we're thinking of you. Hang in there. We're sending warm thoughts your way.

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear this is happening. I will pray for you and the baby. I hope that things work out alright.

 
At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. I hope you get good news today. Stay strong! Big Hug! - Patty

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Gigi said...

Laney
I'm so sorry you are going through this...you will be in my thoughts and prayers...no matter what the outcome you must know you had nothing to do with this!!! I suffered the loss of 2 miscarraiges...but i also have 5 wonderful children...2 before 3 after...it is never easy not matter how far along you are be it one week or 20...it's your baby from the get go...hopefully all will be okay. Just breathe....the rest will follow....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home