Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kudos & Crud.



So...in my Thursday night class...I had this project due that was worth 70% of my grade...um, let me just pat myself on the back for getting a BIG FAT 198 out of 200 points!

I can't tell you how pumped I am...and therefore I'm bragging.
so what.

So, now, tomorrow by midnight I have a paper due in there on Autism.
Okay. I can swing that.
I should say...hey, I've already pretty much got an A, so what's the point?...but I'm kind of psyched that I've maintained a 4.0 average in grad school thus far (again, bragging, sorry, but I've been working my a$$ off!)

On Tuesday night @ 6pm, I have a "treatment paper" due in class about problems chosen from the family depicted in the movie Soul Food.
So, if anyone is familiar with the movie/problems from the movie, or has suggestions for my treatment plan---feel free to post in the comments section.
Guess what: my local Blockbuster does not have the movie & they called 4 other Blockbusters to get it for me. None of the stores had it. It's next in my Netflix queue, & shows that it should have arrived 4/17, but guess what: no such luck. I've seen the movie before...I just wanted to watch it again before I sit down & try to tackle this Bad Mamma-Jamma.
We'll see what I come up with.

I'm fairly certain that I'll get an A in my Thursday night class.
I'm not so sure in my Tuesday night class, so I'm pretty nervous about this Soul Food paper. This is the same class that I had to give the 3 hour presentation in...not so long ago. I will have to say---the professor gives unusual & challenging assignments. The next time I hear: "you really get your money's worth with that professor", I'm going to switch classes immediately!
[just kidding...then who would I be cheating? I'd only be cheating myself...I know.]

So, tonight...I'm at work to make up for my Thursday off.
Which...I still have to post about...and I will.
I still have to work on my Autism paper & my Soul Food paper.
I'm so ready for school to be out!!!!!!

So, those are my cruddy things & my kudos to post for today.
:)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Kila said...

Congratulations for doing so well on your work!

I'm not familiar with the movie--will have to look it up.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Congrats! And, no...I have never even heard of that film.

What sort of "treatment" are you studying? Social work? Ethics? Psychology? Human Relations?

I am guessing that if you are studying autism, your graduate degree must be in psychology? If so, what facet?

Do you think I asked enough questions on this comment? :)

I'm just interested. I specialized in geriatrics and grief counseling, but I did do some work in autism.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Maria---
I'm getting my Masters in SW.

And...grief counseling....hmmm...maybe you could help with my Tuesday class Term Paper. We get to write on the topic of our choosing.
I was going to do one of 2 things:
1) Take my major research project from last year about caregiver support to primary caregivers of those dx'd with early Alzheimer's & adapt it for this paper...
or...
2) Deal with the topic of grief and those who have experienced the death of a child.
With choice #2, I'll get more out of the homework assignment for personal & professional development.
Any tips on that one???

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Vampdaddy said...

Thankfully, I haven't experienced #2, but as you know I have contemplated the reality. We're also meeting several folks for whom that reality is most likely going to happen.

As it happens, I am an Expressive Art Therapist by training (I have an MA in it), and I had a classmate who did her master's thesis on music therapy with Alzheimer's patients.

On a lighter note, I love the Captain Kirk poster...It reminds me of these: www.demotivators.com . My favorite calendar!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Elle said...

Congrats!!!!

I think anyone who learns about autism is great ;)

I did a lot on those topics with my degrees as well (gereatrics/ death and dying).

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Atasha said...

Congratulations! And brag away! I vaguely remember watching Soul Food but ask me to tell you what it was about and I couldn't. Shame on Me! Good Luck with your papers and congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home