Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 16, 2007

Friday Night...

Well, Friday night in this area...bad weather.
I got out of work late...I was busy that day.
So, there were tornado sirens going off as I was driving home. The Fort Worth area was just DARK, and ultimately an F1 tornado touched down in Haltom City.

So, of course, I kept on driving home. (I don't live near Haltom City.)
As I approached my neighborhood, the sirens in my area were going off.

I went in, and Gage was all astir because of the weather!

He repeatedly went to the windows & yelled, "WAAAAAAAAAIN". (that's, "rain" for all those that don't have the Baby Gage Decoder Ring)

He is a Weather Junkie.
Just like his dad.
Just like his dad's whole family.
It's freakin' genetics & drives me nuts! Okay, sure, if a tornado is coming, I want to know....but I generally do not keep up with the weather. If I want to know if it's going to rain tomorrow---I'll look out the window tomorrow.
That's all I'm sayin' 'bout that.

So, we're at home. It's raining. It's mega-windy. Damon & I go over our tornado plan in case we need to implement it.
The dog's going nuts---the cat's outside...somewhere, and naturally, the powers out.
So, it's dark. It's raining. There is some light coming in from the windows, and miraculously, I was not afraid. (I'm a really big weeeeeeeeeeenie about a lot of things, so yes, it was a miracle that I was not afraid.)

So, since there was nothing better to do...Gage & I sat around eating candy. Well, Gage would try to hold as many of them as he could...he would suck the candy-shell off of the whopper eggs, and then feed the remaining candy to Mommy. Yes, I ate the whoppers after my child sucked off the candy-coating. Maybe it's gross....but it's how we roll.
:)
Watching the weather...

Eating the candy eggs...

Riding the Rocking Horse...with a handful of those eggs!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:48 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

That was one crazy night! I will never forget it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home