Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter!!!! 4/8/7

"The Easter Bunny came! The Easter Bunny came!"

Well, there was a basket from Memma & PawPaw, and a frog basket from the Easter Bunny!
And there were some chocolates too (because the Easter Bunny loves Mommy too)!

"Look at all of this STUFF!"


So...what's for breakfast?
Peach yogurt & JELLY BEANS! "Easter Rocks!"


And then---we set out for the country.
If you don't know this about me: Meet City Mouse. Yes, that would be me. Would I DIE in the country?? No...but would I actually choose to live there--no, again.

So, we set off on our 3-hour journey to my Aunt Wanda & Uncle Don's house.
We are about 30 minutes from home...and we've endured about 30 minutes of screaming. Baby Gage had no desire to be in his carseat. He wasn't hungry. He had juice in a cup. His diaper was clean & dry. He was just PISSED.
So...I always SWORE that I would NEVER own a car DVD player.
Well, guess what? I AM THAT MOTHER. I am the mother that says to her husband, "Find a WalMart. I don't care what you have to do to find one---but find one. Go in, and DO NOT COME BACK OUT HERE without one of those things. I don't CARE how much it cost...it will be worth every penny."
So, about 30 minutes later, we had a portable DVD player, a plug-it-into-the-lighter-thing (which is not included in all of the models, and some you have to charge a battery for 2.5 hours before use...forget that. I need something that will play a movie NOW!), head-set (which Gage would NOT wear), convenient carry case that straps to the back of the seat so Gage can see the movie, and a Barney movie. Barney Goes To the Zoo, I believe is the title.
Oh no...that child doesn't run a thing at our house! [note the sarcasm...clearly we dropped $160 to stop the child from S C R E A Ming!]

So...there we were tootling down the highway...we ALL got to hear Barney & his friends go to the zoo. And just as we were about 5 minutes away from Aunt Wanda's driveway...Gage fell asleep.
Of course he did.

So, one thing I've neglected to mention: it snowed on Saturday. In Dallas, we just got little flurries. Nothing stuck.
Where my aunt lives: they had everything just COVERED in snow the night before we got there. So, as we were on our way, everything was just wet & cold & melting. There were still a few little patches of snow on the ground at her house, but not much.

And so like I said...everything was wet...
And muddy:

(that's a picture of my tire after the drive in....yuck!)

Me & my Aunt Wanda:


Gage had a great time. He wanted to stay outside playing with their dog, Ranger.




And we went for a walk...
That's Allen, Gage, & Damon:


And Gage had fun romping through the BlueBonnets:


And we all spent some time indoors...
Allen & Mema:


Gage & Braelynn playing:


Gage with Braelynn's stroller...he was either playing "Daddy", or "Big Brother":


Allen showed off his snow egg that he made:


And then...the HUNT WAS ON!
And remember...this was Gage's VERY 1ST TIME to hunt Easter Eggs!





Allen & Gage with their baskets:


Oh my gosh, we were so tired at the end of the day.
And, Gage had never had so much candy in all of his LIFE! Candy is kiddie-crack, I swear. He was WOUND for SOUND! He did NOT want to go to sleep. He did NOT want to do anything except what he wanted to do--and what he wanted to do was stay up & play "firetrucks" all night!
He FINALLY went down...but I assure you---he did not sleep through the night. He was up at least twice during the night.

Candy is an evil, evil thing!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww!

I LOVE the pics! And I have a minivan WITH a DVD player. Dammit. It's nice to have it when I need it. Especially like trips from here (Connecticut) to Florida that we'll be enjoying THIS WEEKEND!

Glad you had a good Easter!

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

mmmm.... candy for easter breakfast! i'm a firm believer. hopefully trhere was no correlation between that and the lack of sleep at night.

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Cute story and pictures. I just talked my friend into borrowing my portable DVD player to take on a long road trip. She and her husband thought they would be fine driving literally days with their 5 year old twins without one! It didn't take long to change their minds.

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Maria said...

We had cadbury eggs for breakfast. Yum. We have never had a DVD player in the car, but luckily it was because Liv has loved classical music from birth...so we just turn it to the classical music station and we are set.

I do realize that we are very, very lucky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home