Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter Candy.

It's that time of year again...we're quickly approaching Easter.


I'd like to take a moment to review some Easter candies.

Like...Peeps.

I freaking HATE Peeps!
However...their website (www.marshmallowpeeps.com) is quite informative about the history of Peeps, and apparently, they even have fansites. Who knew???

Another popular Easter candy that I am NOT a fan of: The Cadbury Egg.

I just think they are nasty. And now, they have one that has orange cream in the center. Yuck. I'll pass. I have however enjoyed their commercials in the past.

Malted Milk candies like Whoppers...Oh, I love those. So, naturally, I enjoy the candies as Easter that have a malted milk center. "Robin Eggs" are like that, I just love them!


Easter Candy Corn...I also like this...

And FYI: That's "Bunny Corn".

And then there is the classic marshmallowy-center-candy-coated-outside individually wrapped eggs.

Yuck. The center doesn't taste like marshmallow & they're just nasty. And probably pretty cheap too. They're gross.

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs...

I'll have a case, please.
Yup, I could eat these until they were all gone!

Bubble gum Easter eggs in the little cartons:
I've always loved them!
But, the gum really isn't very good. Loses its flavor...but the novelty of the shape & it's little egg carton always makes me smile.
:)

And then there's this...the Wonka Golden Egg.

Now, the one pictured is only a chocolate shell & filled with sweet-tarts.
Not the one I remember as a child. As a child, one year...there was a large golden egg & it was SOLID chocolate. Talk about rocking my world!

Which leads me to this:

The chocolate bunnies.
What a let down. Cute, sure. But for the candy-seeker, it's a complete rip-off. It's empty. It's hollow. Wasted space...space that COULD BE FILLED WITH MORE CHOCOLATE!

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

they have a peeps FESTIVAL here.

and sign me up for the peanut butter egg, too.

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I must admit that I'm a big peeps fan, but my husband agrees with everyone of your candy opinions! He HATES peeps and won't eat them, although he will help me eat my Cadburry eggs. Another favorite of mine is the cheap marshmallow covered chocolate eggs that come in a styrofoam eggcarton. I can't really justify buying any this year, but I'm excited about next year! Easter is the best for candy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home