Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Musical Meme...

So, I've been tagged by DenverDad (http://denverdad.blogspot.com) to list my 3 favorite songs.

Very difficult.

I have a habit of saying, "Oh, that's my favorite!"
Music---an area that is no exception. I have a TON of favorites!
So, are we talking all-time-faves, or my favorites of right now??? A favorite 3 for a certain type of music?? What are we talking here????

So...this is going to be very difficult to answer. But I will try. And, I am warning that these are my thoughts right now, and they are subject to change daily...or by the hour...or when the next song comes on!

1. Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding. [my mom probably guessed that one already]
I love that song. I've loved it since I was little. I will always love that song. Good times.

2. Pump Up the Volume by M.A.R.S. Don't hate on this one. It's long & has a great beat. I could shake my rump to that song forever, I think! (and by the way, "RumpShaker" almost made the top 3. Love the beat..."takin' it back to the old school 'cuz I'm an old fool who's so cool"...and yet again, I've quoted another 90's rap song...somebody break the cycle!)

3. This one is a tie:
Let Me Clear My Throat by D.J.Kool & Downtown by Petula Clark. Both of those songs just make me want to smile & dance!!!!!

Okay. I like waaaaaaaaaaaay more songs than this.
This was really hard.
I don't know if this adequately expresses my favorites....

And, what's funny: none of those are in my cd slots in the car.
Here's what is in my car as we speak:
1) Curious George Soundtrack (Thanks Melis!)
2) Jack Johnson & Ben Harper
3) Another Jack Johnson cd
4) Macy Gray
5) Cowboy Mouth
6) Lily Allen

And so....how it goes...apparently I have to tag 3 others...
So, I'll tag:
Ginger www.thesmallmoments.typepad.com
Amy http://amyerj.blogspot.com
and Melissa http://hello-melissa.blogspot.com

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:34 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I love your taste in music! Let Me Clear My Throat is so fun! I'm also partial to "Baby Got Back" (it's great for karaoke, or it was...)

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

Thanks a lot sunshine... I can feel the pressure building already. Just 3? uggg!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

So funny. I just got Pump Up the Volume this week because I couldn't get it out of my head and just had to hear it.

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I love Lily Allen. I was thinking of buying her latest cd, now I will.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Denver Dad said...

Yeah, I love Otis too, although I've always been more partial to "Try A Little Tenderness." The part where he goes from slow ballad to craziness gets me every time!

Great list!

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

ack! i'm it!

i was also tagged to do a 7 favorite songs meme, so i'll maybe combine them into one and make 10 favorite songs.

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Amie Adams said...

three great songs!! I love Let Me Clear My Throat. It's so fun!!!

Love that you have Cowboy Mouth in your car.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home