Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 16, 2007

"Bullshit."

4/14/7 Gage said his 1st cuss word.

So, my child...my wonderful, beautiful, sweet & innocent, energetic child...overheard something, and repeated it. Repeatedly.

Scene: I'm at home in the bathroom, blow drying my hair.
Gage enters...with that, "not-so-fresh scent". I give him a diaper & whisper to him, "Go find Daddy." Which he does.

New scene: The living room. Damon sees his very smart child appear with a diaper. Thought bubble above Damon's head: "oh, isn't he so smart. He'll be potty-trained in no time! Here is this amazing 18 month old who brought me a diaper for a diaper change." So, he lays Gage down on the ottomon, and prepares to change the diaper...when I round the corner & say, "oh, you're going to need the wipes." Suddenly, it all fits together in Damon's mind: this child of mine was SENT in here by his MOTHER because she was fully aware of the poopy diaper, and didn't want to change it HERSELF! To which Damon replied in a rather defeated tone: "this is bullshit."

Gage: "BULLshit!"
Gage: "BULLshit!"

Now, some things that Gage says...well, we family members are the only ones who understand what he's saying. But this---oh no. This comes out just as clear as day.

BULLshit!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, your baby books will be...uh,., colorful :-)

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

Great - now you can teach him the card game. It's the only time I let the girl cuss in my presence. =)

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That's funny! I'm a bit of a potty mouth and am trying to change my bad ways before Little Elvis starts talking.

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I'm afraid to laugh too hard... I don't want Karma to get me!

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

lol that reminds me of the meet the fockers... ashhhhh hooole

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home