Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Tuesday. 10.12.04

It's Tuesday.

Weekend review:
Friday afternoon/night: went home, unpacked some boxes.
Saturday: had to work for 4 hours in the ER. Horrible 4 hours. Only saw one patient...but it took 4 hours. Then after that, I stopped by a local Dollar Store & picked up a couple of things...well, 12 things to be exact. Good times.... Then, Saturday night--Damon had plans. He went out to Rockwall & was hanging out with his friend, Mike. I stayed home & unpacked more boxes. I think I unpacked 6 in all over the weekend. 6 big boxes. So, I did some good! And...while home alone...I saw the first episode of "Desperate Housewives". Loved it. Loved it.
Sunday...woke up late. Had to be at Josh & Tori's wedding at noon. We made it. And--we were early. Woo-hoo! (that NEVER happens!) They got married at Arcodoro Pomodoro in uptown. The wedding was followed by a nice lunch: I had the veal, Damon had the ravioli. They were both EXCELLENT! Damon & I definitely want to go back there for dinner some time.... Tori looked beautiful. Josh looked handsome. It was a good time. Of course, after 4 mimosa's, we could have been at a bowling alley with a toothless guy named Ted, and I still would have called it a good time.
So...after the wedding, we went home. I went to sleep at 3, woke up at 6:30 with the world's largest headache.
Watched a little TV with my husband...ordered pizza....Oh! Damon watched "Desperate Housewives" with me, and he said it wasnt so bad. So, that was pretty great.

Note about Damon & TV: he always makes fun of the TV shows I watch....or he criticizes them, and tells me that I dont need to be watching such & such show because it seems to be condoning "infidelity" or "whatever..." Are you kidding me? It's a TV show. Surely you dont think that I will become a cheater or druggie, or prostitute because I am watching SOME show that has one or all of the previously mentioned components. So...I just can't wait for the Sopranos to come back on. If he is going to balk at what I watch...well, let's pick apart his favorite show...
infidelity...
murder...
organized crime...
drug use...
prostitution...

Oh, the list goes on & on!
But...I love the Sopranos too. I know Damon is none of those things & doesnt condone those activities...it's just for entertainment.

Okay...I'm off my TV rant for now.

Movie Reviews:
(1) Walking Tall... with Chris Rock. Surprisingly, this was an okay movie.
(2) Farenheit 911... Damon brought this home. I am boycotting the movie. He tried to get me to watch it. No way. I told him that I didnt want to see it or contribute financially to Michael Moore's succes... Damon argued that he already paid for the movie rental, so I might as well watch it. No way. I want no part of the movie.
(3) Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen... okay, I got this movie because I like Lindsey Lohan. I thought "Mean Girls" was fantastic. This movie...not so much. I turned it off before the ending because I was tired & getting ready to fall asleep. I returned the movie before even seeing the end. Not worth the additional 30 minutes of my life that I would have to spend to finish it. ...which brings me to my next movie...
(4) Envy... with Ben Stiler. Hated it. Every now & then there was a funny part that I would laugh at. For the most part--not so funny. Again, I didnt finish it. I fell asleep. I think Damon finished it though.

Okay...that's it for movie reviews.
Countdown to surgery: 7 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home