Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

It's Tuesday! ....going to be a busy week...

Okay, it's Tuesday.
Update: I finally started my period. Hoooorah hormones! The bad news, I have cramps like a MUTHA!
But, I have to say...with regard to the "female problem", something really sweet happened last night. My dad called & I talked to him for a bit. Then Damon talked to him for a bit. And, I was sitting right there, so I could hear what they were talking about. So, apparently my dad asked about how I was doing, was I feeling better, glad the hormones were helping...etc. It was really weird & sweet to hear my dad & my husband discussing my "female problem". I know that they both love me, and it's about my health & well-being in general...it's just that prior to my dad having a daughter, I dont think he would have ever really discussed the female uterus or ovaries, etc. Prior to Damon having a wife, he probably never even said the words "uterus" & "ovary". So, it was just sweet & weird & humorous.

It's going to be a busy week. Tomorrow after work I have to go over to Baylor to learn this new computer program. They are finally moving to computerized charting. Yeehaw! It's about time. I'm excited about learning something new...and I definitely type faster than I write...but at the same time. I dont want to go. I'm just stingy with my down time I guess.

Thursday will be fine. Friday will be fine. Then, on Saturday I work ER days at Baylor. I miss the staff over there a lot, so it is nice to go back & work every now & then. On the whole, I dont miss the patients! Except, trauma. I love the hustle & bustle of fresh trauma cases rolling through the door. I cant help it. We all get an adrenaline rush. It's wonderfully fast! And, I said something to someone here in the ER where I work full time..I said something about missing trauma cases & the rush you get. She said something like, "nobody should enjoy the trauma cases..." etc. She went on & on. Here's what I think...trauma cases are going to happen. As long as we have cars, motorcycles, guns, knifes, planes, boats, horses, dogs, glass....okay, you name it...as long as we have all those things--there are going to be trauma incidents. Dr.Foreman, one of the trauma docs, and a man that I totally respect, refuses to use the phrase MVA. He says that there are no accidents. He says there are collisions caused by human error. I just think it's funny. So there are unintentional events & intentional events. Those two things come together to create trauma. And, none of us are "sick" because we enjoy the rush of things. We are all in there helping. Whether it's the nurse keeping records, the tech starting IV lines, the x-ray techs, the doctors running the show, or me, going through the patient belongings trying to ID the John Does...we're all working together, very quickly... It's a rush. And when we're successful, it's a sense of accomplishment.

Anyway...I'm off my soap box about that...

What else is going on....talked to my sister in law last night. Our nephew, Josh, was just named Captain of the football team. He plays linebacker. His sister, Jordan, made Varsity Cheerleader as a freshman (...just unheard of!) & was just named to the Homecoming Court. At her school, the Seniors get to vote for who's in the running for Homecoming Queen. Then, the Juniors, Sophomores, & Freshmen get to vote 2 girls from their respective class to be Homecoming Princesses. Well, Jordan was selected as one of the Freshman Homecoming Princesses. She is just tickled pink!!!

Jordan's birthday is this Saturday. She has a boyfriend named Adam. Well, we call him Adam Schmaddem. No idea what his last name really is.... Damon just calls him "Punk". Oh, he's so protective. It's funny really. Anyway...back to my story. Adam is going to give Jordan a ring for her birthday. my sister in law says that it has a pink stone in the center, and two diamonds on the sides. He even asked Jordan's dad ahead of time if he could give it to her as a "friendship ring". Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard of! They are 15 & 16 years old.

...Recent Movies...
* Man on Fire: Oh My Gosh!!! This movie was sooooo good. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it! Damon wants to own it. It's just that good.
* The Big Bounce: Not worth the $4 it cost to rent it.
* Laws of Attraction: okay...typical romantic comedy...no biggie.
* The Missing: very good. Slow to get started, but when it does, it's great.

If you cant tell...we're big movie people.

Over the weekend...I straightened up around the house a bit. Knocked out a ton of laundry. seriously, I have yet to figure out how we generate so much trash & dirty laundry. Well, the trash...I blame it on junk mail & my husband's inability to part with paper in general. The dirty laundry...well I guess it piles up because of laziness.
Let's discuss laundry for a moment...I dont mind doing it. It's the folding that's not so much fun, and the putting away that is even worse. I hate putting away clean clothes almost as much as I hate unloading clean dishes from the dishwasher.

We also cleaned out the storage unit over the weekend. Went surprisingly well until the end...the battery on the truck was dead because Damon left his key turned over in the ignition while the hazards were on. Totally drained the battery. Megan came to the rescue! Ahhhh, the joys of friendship! I'd gladly do the same for her & she knows it!!!

Oh, on Friday a package came to the house. It's something I ordered for Damon as a Christmas gift. Way back when I ordered it--I told him not to open any packages that came to the house. Does he listen?? Well, maybe at the time he did, but by last Friday, he forgot. So, he opened it. Good thing for me--he loved the gift. What was it??? The Sopranos Trivia Game. Damon loves trivia games, and he loves the Sopranos. We played it twice over the weekend. The first time, I creamed him!!! The second time, he won by about 10 points. It was pretty close... Anyway--it's a ton of fun. And, they had a Sex & the City trivia game too. I just might have to order that one as well....

Okay, I'm out of here. I need to get my day started!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home