Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Hormone therapy...

Okay, so I started my "hormone therapy" last night. Let me start by saying that I feel like I could throw up at any minute. I dont want to smell coffee, bacon, or any other breakfast item right now! I have to take these pills twice a day with food. I dont want food. It stinks & makes me want to throw up!

Onto the funnier stuff....
I went to Eckerd's & picked up my medicine. Like the little nerd that I am--I have to read the entire little Rx advisor that comes with my medicine. Hey--I've never taken this before, and I want to be informed! And, I have to read it while there so that I can ask the Pharmacist any questions that I may have. Again, I reiterate, I am a nerd.

So...let me just post a few things from this Rx advisor....
"...can cause cancer of the breast, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, dementia, blood clots in the lungs & legs, & ovarian cancer."
"You may experience absence of menstrual periods while using this medicine."
"This medicine may cause dark skin patches on your face."
"This medicine may affect your blood sugars."
"Side effects that may go away during treatment include dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, stomach upset, or bloating."
"Check with your doctor immediately if you experience mental/mood changes, memory loss, breast tenderness, weight change, swelling of your fingers, swelling of your ankles, calf/leg pain &/or swelling, trouble breathing, chest pain, sudden severe headache, fainting, abnormal vaginal bleeding, yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark urine, abdominal pain, abdominal swelling, abdominal tenderness, vomiting, vision problems, or begin coughing up blood."

Okay...so who's super-excited about taking these pills????
Note the sarcasm...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home