Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, September 17, 2004

We Got Robbed.

I'm so upset. I had nightmares all night.
Damon has a trailer that he uses for his job. He carries his inventory in there.

Well, while he was helping his best friend load his U-Haul b/c he's moving to Georgia--someone broke into my husband's trailer & stole lots & lots of stuff.

We had it locked.

I know--if someone wants to steal something from you, they will. They will find a way. That's exactly what happened.

We are in the process of tearing down this ugly carport that was on our house when we bought it, and having a garage built--so we could enclose our cars & the trailer.
You know, to protect ourselves from this very thing!!

Well, anyway...Damon's inventory is due today. All last weekend & this week we've been out in his trailer checking sku #s on boxes, checking everything off...taking inventory. It's a project that sucks & Damon really hates it. I know how much he hates it--so I've been helping him with it.

Now, between $5800-$7000 worth of stuff is missing. Damon left his inventory sheet @ his office yesterday, so when we got home & discovered what happened, we werent able to adequately assess exactly what was missing.

Furthermore--at his company, he is responsible for his inventory. What is not accounted for at the date/time of the inventory check is ultimately his responsibility. He of course called his boss immediately. Called the cops. The cops came out & fingerprinted, but the only ones they found were mine & his. Cops found glove marks--and Damon never uses gloves when going in/out of the trailer...

Damon is so upset. Not sure what is going to happen today at work. He's never been short on inventory. Knows he's responsible for it.

We know that we're going to have to file on homeowner's...but we're afraid that they are going to drop us.

It's just so stressful. I hate this.
And, if we have to pay $7000 out of pocket now...well, first of all--let me just say--we cant. We cant afford to pay that entire amount. And, if we do have to pay it--there goes the $$ we were using for the garage construction.

It just breaks my heart. You should see my Damon's eyes. I know that on one level he is absolutely mad...furious... but then you can also just see this huge amount of sadness & worry in his eyes.

Ugh. This sucks, this sucks, this sucks.

And, we've lived here for 2 months. This is the second incident. Well, this one is felony theft. Originally, our scooter was stolen. But, it was not worth enough to make it a felony. Now this time it is a felony.
Big freakin' whoop. The stuff is still gone. We still got robbed.

We need a new backyard fence. We need the 2 car, one trailer/boat garage. We need better lighting. We need speed bumps in our neighborhood. We need TXU to come out & trim some of the damn trees so that the lights that are installed actually give off enough light.

That's it. I'm writing my council member. ....not that I fully expect it to do a whole hell of a lot. And let me further state--Laura Miller. I am absolutely disgusted by her at this point. Lots & lots of issues...I wont get into that here or now, but she's the freaking mayor of Dallas & she sucks.

I am ready for the burbs. I just had to have this house. I got it. I just had to live in the city of Dallas. I got that too. So far, it doesnt feel so great to have gotten my way.

I'm pissed. I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home