Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, May 31, 2010

Pool Season Opening, 2010.

Well, it's official: the pool is officially open.

On Sunday, after Melis & Goofball left, I told Gage that I'd take him down to the pool.
But----I didn't want to go in any of my swimsuits...I wanted something a bit more conservative than what I owned at the time {read: I wanted a one piece rather than a 2 piece}. So, I had to get a few things at the grocery store, so I thought---what the heck? I'll go to WalMart, get the grocery items & a swimsuit all in one stop.

Did that.
This is what I came to----the nappers.

It was pretty cute.

Finally, when the child woke, we were getting ready to go to the pool. I asked Hubby for his opinion on my swimsuit. His response? "It looks {pause} functional."
That's code for: it looks like a mom-suit, it's ugly as hell, and what happened to the 25 year old bikini-clad confident loud-mouth that I married!?

Whatever. I'll take functional at this point, and we headed to the pool....Gage had a blast. THAT's what's important, right?

Those pics were taken from the kiddie pool splash park part...After Gage played there for a bit, we headed over to the big pool. No pics of that part because the camera is not waterproof, I was solo-parenting, and Gage was jumping off the side, into my arms, then paddling back to the edge. Yes, rinse, repeat. I'm fairly certain we did that over 100 times.

So, that was our 1st neighborhood pool adventure.
Good times....

Labels: ,


At 7:30 AM , Blogger Life is Wonderful said...

Where's the pic of the one piece?! ; )

At 8:51 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

It's actually a two-piece tankini type mom-suit, and I don't have any pics of me in the swimsuit!

At 6:35 AM , Blogger Kate said...

That's a let-me-get-my-protective-headgear type of question that I'm always asking Ryan! =)

I love that you have a pool nearby! The little town where I work has a community pool and I see slightly older kids walking there together on summer mornings. Now, if I could only afford a half-million/million dollar house... I'm sure there are more affordable options, of course, and there's time, and this is all fantasizing at this point! =)


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home