Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, May 31, 2010

Pool Season Opening, 2010.

Well, it's official: the pool is officially open.

On Sunday, after Melis & Goofball left, I told Gage that I'd take him down to the pool.
But----I didn't want to go in any of my swimsuits...I wanted something a bit more conservative than what I owned at the time {read: I wanted a one piece rather than a 2 piece}. So, I had to get a few things at the grocery store, so I thought---what the heck? I'll go to WalMart, get the grocery items & a swimsuit all in one stop.

Did that.
This is what I came to----the nappers.

It was pretty cute.

Finally, when the child woke, we were getting ready to go to the pool. I asked Hubby for his opinion on my swimsuit. His response? "It looks {pause} functional."
FUNCTIONAL?
That's code for: it looks like a mom-suit, it's ugly as hell, and what happened to the 25 year old bikini-clad confident loud-mouth that I married!?

Whatever. I'll take functional at this point, and we headed to the pool....Gage had a blast. THAT's what's important, right?





Those pics were taken from the kiddie pool splash park part...After Gage played there for a bit, we headed over to the big pool. No pics of that part because the camera is not waterproof, I was solo-parenting, and Gage was jumping off the side, into my arms, then paddling back to the edge. Yes, rinse, repeat. I'm fairly certain we did that over 100 times.

:)
So, that was our 1st neighborhood pool adventure.
Good times....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:30 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Where's the pic of the one piece?! ; )

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

It's actually a two-piece tankini type mom-suit, and I don't have any pics of me in the swimsuit!

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger Kate said...

That's a let-me-get-my-protective-headgear type of question that I'm always asking Ryan! =)

I love that you have a pool nearby! The little town where I work has a community pool and I see slightly older kids walking there together on summer mornings. Now, if I could only afford a half-million/million dollar house... I'm sure there are more affordable options, of course, and there's time, and this is all fantasizing at this point! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home