Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

San Antonio...Part One of Many...

So, on Friday, I graduated.

Yes, I already posted about that.
I didn't post about who was there, and who wasn't.
I didn't post about the ultra-fabulous gifts I got!
But, I will post about this: Hubby took me & Gage to San Antonio for a graduation-get-away. How awesome is that???

Let me just preface this post & future posts with this: this is likely the first of many posts & we took LOTS of pictures.

We had a BLAST.

I'll start with Friday's graduation weather: awful.
What was awesome: hitting Wendy's down the road from the university, drying off with crappy paper towels and changing into velour lounge pants in their bathroom.
I'm not being sarcastic. It was awesome.

Then---we hit the road while munching Wendy's.
We hadn't been on the freeway for 20 minutes before Gage started in with the "How much longer until we'll be there," "How much longer," and "Are we there yet?" {Yes, we're there; get out!}

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make here is that it was quite a loooooong ride.
We all survived, and there was actually very little fighting over the radio (thanks to the ipod shuffle I tucked into my bag).

Friday night---arrived in San Antonio, and had plans to spend the night with Hubby's bud Mark & his wife Jana.
We had a GREAT time with them!
We went down to the River Walk that night...
{cue the pictures!Gage took the first one for us.}




Why, yes, I was very excited about having an adult beverage, and two plates of food. Who wouldn't be??? {In my defense: I ordered a salad! and the quesadillas were going to go uneaten after we ordered them for Gage & he wouldn't touch 'em. I had to, right??? And thanks to Mark for the totally staged picture! Pardon me for bending over to sip from my straw without even picking up my glass. Can't you see? My hands are full double-fisting the food!}

Where I wanted to go, but didn't get to because we had Gage with us, and though I thought about leashing him to an outdoor table & running in for a round of drinks & singing by the piano, I refrained because the state (read: CPS) frowns upon that type of fun...I mean, behavior:


Gage was well behaved during dinner {read: didn't whine toooooo terribly much about leaving}, so we got him the blue light up sword that he'd been eye-balling. Let me tell you: neon light up swords really interfere with the scenic view of the River Walk. I'm just sayin'.... Sure, we bought one & are perpetuating the demand for the swords down there, but they make the view less picturesque.

We drove by the Alamo on our way back to Mark & Jana's...
{that's a lit-up-horse-drawn-carriage that streaked my already blurry picture of the Alamo... in case you were wondering.}


Gage was tuckered out....


...and of course THAT didn't last long.
He was wide awake by the time his car-seat was unbuckled.
He was also looking forward to playing with Mark & Jana's dogs, Leela & Baghara.


They really are such great dogs!

So, after some playing with the dogs, we all crashed.
It was so great to just be THERE & not here.
...to be on vacation, and no looming homework or work-work.

Okay, so that was Day 1 of our trip.
:)
More to follow!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

Where's the velour lounge pants???

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

...oh, I changed before dinner.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

:)

I can't wait for my own vacation!!! YAY

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh I am so happy for you! Congrats :))) So very happy for you my dear! The trip sounds great!
Beautiful photos and I can’t wait to hear more :)
Kisses and have a relaxing day :)

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Judy said...

You were HEEEEEERE! WAH!

Glad you had a fantastic time, though!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

CONGRATULATIONS on graduating!
that is truly awesome.

to do all that plus work plus mom... fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home