Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Gage's 1st Football Game...

Well, on Thursday, 10/2, we took Gage to his first ever high school football game. Well, his 1st football game ever...

Clearly, he was ready with his cool-guy shades & spikey hair.


Outside of Williams Stadium, where I have to say---it was weird to be on the "visitors" side. Since when is Garland not "home" at Williams stadium??

Moving on...
So, his first football game to attend was Garland vs. Lakeview Centennial.







Ollie the Owl...my old Mascot!
(little story here...I wanted to name Gage "Ollie Gage", but nobody was down with that except me & my mom. It really had nothing to do with Ollie the Owl, but it just made me think of that... In the end, we're ALL happy with Gage Alexander...)



And....there were Nachos. Which...if you asked me, the cheese was HOT, HOT, HOT like peppers! It didn't have any jalapenos on it...but it was HOT!

The drill team's half time performance was....well, not nearly as exciting as I remember it being when I was in high school. The drill team was a lot smaller than when I was there. We had around 70 girls, maybe more. Now...not so much.

The cheerleaders...still doing the same cheers. That was nice & familiar....but the energy...where the hell did that go? Time to do their little dances, and I swear, they could have all been chewing gum & filing their nails. Seriously---they looked like they were just marking the routine...totally half-assing it.

The band did a good job, but I could barely hear them when they played Showbiz & the drill team's music. The most enthusiasm as far as the whole game went---came from the band. They were the most energetic bunch of students, and seemed to be the ones who really even paid attention to what was going on in the game. Way to go, band!

So, in the end, it was not great. It was not awful. It was...just certainly a DIFFERENT perspective than when it was my whole life.

And then I think---maybe the fact that it was a Thursday night game had something to do with it...

Anyway...his next football game will be a Rockwall game for Hubby's Alma Mater.
:)

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GHS gets to be visitors at their home stadium since we have 7 schools in the district and only two stadiums. That also means lovely Thursday night games.

And I have to say that GHS has changed ALOT since we were there. :)

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

Awww ... how fun! He looks like he had a great time!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Love the picture of Gage and his daddy :)

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

ok now I really want NACHOS! with jalepeno's!

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I know that cheese. It comes in the big Vat-Can that they use in concession stands. It is ready-to-use, no watering down needed, like the non-hot kind. Evil cheese.

Good for you getting Gage out for some culture! LOL

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Awww....Gage's hair is sooo adorable!

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Aww! Loved his hair!
And I think the band at most schools have the best energy. I was a band nerd in junior high and we were always so excited. :)

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very good......

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

i soooo wonder how it would be should i ever go back to my HS for a game.

glad the band did it for you. i was in band, and thought we were always very "peppy", too.
but then, so were our cheerleaders.

gage is adorable w/ the spikes.

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Looks like he had a good time! We're big high school football fans here. Little Elvis gets to go to a game at my old high school next week, and I'm pretty excited. Although I will admit that it's a completely different experience as an adult. It's not the social event that it used to be for me.

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

FUN!!! Gage is a freaking cutie! I loved his spiky hair.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Fun!!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I wish you had told me you were going. We could have met in person finally. I was in the reserved seats by the band.

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

and BTW that was a boring game. We were winning and we did not get as wild as usual. All the other games were a blast.

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

zephra---WE were in the reserved/special seating area by the band too!

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I love that picture of Gage and his Daddy. Gage is so cute with his cool glasses and spikey hair.

I like Ollie. I also like Oliver. Most people don't like the names that I do. Well, most people in my family.

 
At 8:34 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

That boy boy of yours could not be any cuter!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I love Gage's spikey hair!! Love love love it! Looks like he had a ton of fun at the game. Camden has that same pumpkin shirt from Old Navy. So cute!

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Angel said...

OMG...I LOVELOVELOVE his hair!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home