Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Today...

So, this morning, Gage slept in until about 8. How lucky am I???

When he woke, he wanted "yo-grit" for breakfast. Not a problem.
:)

After that, I had to return the loaner car & pick up my car. I'm about 100 yards away from the dealership, when I get pulled over in the loaner car.
Turns out, the inspection sticker was expired. Who knew? And, the cop was such a tool! The good news: I didn't get a ticket. The bad news: In a hateful tone, he encouraged me to be a bit more thorough in my inspection when agreeing to drive a rental or loaner car. Whatever dude.

Got my car. They gave Gage a catalog of cars to look at, and a keychain. He was so excited.

After that....fun with Tera, Aubri, and Sammie!
We had plans to go swimming. We ate at Chili's in Rockwall before the big swim. It was a loud but good time.

And then....it was off to the pool!


Gage


Yes, that is me, with Gage's hat on my head...I'm a silly girl!


Gage & Sammie (Tera's neice).



And...let me just tell you...Aubri did not have a good time swimming today.

So....Tera thought she may be tired. We ended up putting her down in Gage's crib at my Mother in Law's, and she fell asleep. Once she was asleep, Tera came back to the pool, and my Mother in Law just kept an eye on her. We ended up going back to the in-law's before Aubri ever woke up.

We really had a fun day!

And now...it's evening time. Gage has NOT had a nap, but he laid down "for a rest" when we got home. I see an early bed-time in our future.

It was a very good day!
:)

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 4:28 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

Awww, Lainey! What a fun day, starting with the yo-grit, my favorite breakfast :). Wouldn't ya have just loved to tell Officer Tough Guy to kiss your ass? Sorry, but what's up with that; I have some ideas about his deficiencies, which he is clearly trying to compensate for. HA!

And that is a stylin' red hat and REALLY cute on Gage :). Lunch at Chili's and a gorgeous pool. Just doesn't get much better than that. Hope all your days are this good!

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Looks like it was an amazing time. Well, for everyone but Aubri! My guess is that Aubri was MUCH better after the nap...I know I would be!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger angie said...

Cute pictures!! I can't believe that it could have been your fault if there was an expired inspection sticker. It's not like you pay for the stuff to be done and who would think to say you know are the inspections all paid up and current on this! What a jerk!

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I would have said the same exact thing...."Whatever, dude!" Um, Rachel has that same exact water floaty thingy that sings songs! It is way cute and just about the only baby thing that she can still fit in! ha!! I guess I will see you tomorrow.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

You are such a hotty mama! What a great time at the pool, Gage looks totally enthused.
Glad you didn't get a ticket.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

What lovely photos, I love the first one....

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger Beth said...

The sleeping habits of little kids have such a major impact on the mood of the parents. No wonder you had such a great day - a sleep in until 8:00!
You have the best times with Gage - wish I had more memories of such fun times with my mom when I was a child.

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

Great pics! Looks like it was a great day!!

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That is a great day. The whole inspection sticker thing was weird, but at least you got a funny story out of it.

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger lisa said...

That is a really good picture of Gage in his water wings

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

oohhh...looks like so much fun!! We are slowly but surely starting to see signs of summer here...the highs are getting into the mid 50's this week!! Hopefully we'll get to start water play in the next few weeks!! Glad you had such a good day with lil Gage...love the pics!

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Can we trade? 3B's been taking hour-long naps and somehow still getting up at 5 a.m. this whole week. Not cool. Glad to hear that you got to sleep in, though.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That sounds like the perfect summer day!

That police officer sounds like the one who pulled me over a while ago. Jerk.

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

WHAT a fun day!!! With the exception of douchebag the cop. How exactly is that your problem? Go take it up with the dealership, dude. I love that hat and early to bed doesn't suck. Sometimes (...only sometimes...) no naps are good. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home