Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not My Day. My Week?

Okay....so, I was going to blog about how today just isn't my day....but when I think back to Gage coloring on a couch, I'm starting to think that this might not be my WEEK!

What's so sucky about today?
How about this: you're in a rental Jaguar while your car is in the shop for it's 40K check up. You are parked at Target. You see that the parking spot in front of you is unoccupied as you go to leave the store. You do NOT see the median that is in front of this rental gem, and you throw it in drive thinking you'll zip on out of there without having to back up.
Yeah....that kind of makes for a sucky scraping sound & oh, the car just won't go forward anymore b/c you are trying to make it go up a flippin' curb.

On the flip side: had I been outside of the car watching someone else do what I did--I would have laughed my fanny off.

If I'd been in my own car, I'd have been a bit miffed at myself.

Seeing that I was in a rental car at the time & have no idea how much it cost to fix that car---yeah, I was totally freaked out!

In the end---I don't see any scratches or scrapes on the front part. It's not the bumper...it's whatever that part of the car below the bumper is called. That's where I was worried about doing damage. I suppose I'm super lucky.

....the other good news is this: I'm not turning the car back in until tomorrow morning. i was supposed to get my car & return this one this afternoon, but Gage is FINALLY asleep, so they said that I could do it first thing in the morning b/c they have it lined up as a loaner for someone else. Hopefully they will be toooooo busy to go over it with a fine tooth comb!

Another thing that tells you it's not my day: part of the deal about my car going into the shop has something to do with some chip in the key fobs & they all have to be replaced or they run the risk of not working.... yada, yada, yada. So, I'm due at the car place @ 9am, gather the baby & his things....we get there. I forgot one of the key things. I agree to return to the house to get the key. Why oh Why does it not immediately occur to me that I just gave them my house key?
Needless to say, I tore up the roads this morning going back & forth, back & forth. All this at $4-something a gallon. Kill me now!

Anyway....those are my vents & gripes for today. Tomorrow shall be better. We have plans to swim with Tera & Aubri.
:)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:20 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Oh no, haha! I did that once at a Walmart when I was with my cousin. I had a convertible back then and did the same thing you did- I wanted to pull ahead to the other spot- then we heard that horrible sound! Only I kept going! I remember this old man looking at us like we were crazy!

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Argh!

I've done the same thing to my car. Except that I'm such a dope that I kept driving and scraped the entire bottom of my car before I realized what I'd done. Now, that would have made me laugh my butt off. And my car is totally fine underneath, so don't worry.

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Okay, I just read Sarah Lynn's comment and I'm so glad it wasn't just me!

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger angie said...

So not fun especially with the price of gas!! I know days like this though that is for sure. Hope tomorrow is better :)

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

lol.. oh dear!! lol.. your right its so horifying but I cant stop laughing!! Sorry! And you are sooo my hero.. I LOVE Jaguars... I would DIE to drive in one!!

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

LOL, sorry for your pain but I needed a good giggle today! Hope the rest of your weeks pans out better!

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Tomorrow is another day. All bad things come in three's my dear...or so they say.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home