Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, May 03, 2008

3B & Gage...

3B & Gage...are very much alike.

3B is the son of Papa & Mama Bradstein.
http://bradstein.blogspot.com

Why this post?
Because....recently, Papa Bradstein posted a picture of a shredded little Mini Cooper. It belonged to MamaB, before 3B, their son, got his little hands on it.

Well...let me take you back a few years at the Casa de Lainey-Paney. I wanted a red Mini Cooper. A real one. For me to drive. Well, my father & husband thought that I was insane, and it was waaaaay too small to compete on Texas highways with all of the big trucks. So, for Christmas one year....my father got me a mini-Mini. It was red & cute, and lived in my office at the hospital for a long time. Eventually I brought it back home....and here it is now:





White roof: gone
Windshielf: gone
Side Mirror: gone
Tires/Wheels: some are still on there...
Windshield Wipers: barely hanging on (but what's the point really? there is no windshield!)
Clearly, it's been dearly loved by Baby Gage.

So anyway....Papa Bradstein recently posted a pic of Mama Bradstein's ragged out, torn up mini-Mini...and it just struck me....
We each have a son.
We are two different families living across the country from one another....and in our lives, both of us moms had red mini-Minis that got totally trashed by our little ones. Struck me as funny...and neat that I even know about them, their family, their shredded mini-Mini because of the internet, because of blogging...etc.

Okay, I'm rambling. And tired. It's been a long day.
A good day, but a long one.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Know what you mean. Blogging brings us all together. I met you that way:)

 
At 4:32 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Blogging brings the world so much closer - new friends, new connections. It's wonderful.

And I think it's now time for you to get that real red Mini Cooper!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Laura said...

add my two guys to the list.

We have a tonka truck that is almost 40 years old - went through my two of my uncles and me...and then my boys have it in one piece for about 5 minutes...DESTROYED!

Gotta love a common denominator...

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Angel said...

boys just have a way of destroying things that people WITHOUT boys won't ever understand.

they're still cool to have around tho! ;)

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

I just kept thinking how the mini-Mini ended up looking the way your husband predicted a real Mini would look after some time on the TX highways ;)!

Really, though, that is part of what I love so much about blogging. No matter how different people can seem, we're really not all that different. And what better way to find that out. I love getting to "know" people that I never would have met any other way.

And THANK YOU for sharing your Savannah pictures--now I'm really getting excited. We have both been wanting to go forever, so it's gonna be great. And Megan's wedding was beautiful; what a gorgeous bride. Really loved YOUR shoes :)!!!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Weird. And weird that the comment I thought I posted last night never showed up. But what I was saying was that the synchronicity is weird...first the Red Pepper kitchen walls...then the mutual mama mini love...then the auto-destructo boys...then there's that yellow color on the wall behind your sweet new stroller, that yellow color that looks somehow vaguely familiar...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home