Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, October 13, 2007

HOMEWORK....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So....after being up since 4:30 this morning...I went back to bed in the 10 o'clock hour. Got up around 1:30 or 2....& read some of my research material for my paper.

Recently (and for reference, it's about 5:30) I locked myself in my bedroom w/ my laptop, school bag, & formatting books (Thanks M'witty!). Damon told me, "once you go in there, don't come in & out" b/c he knew Gage would throw a fit. So...I've been in here for over an hour.

So far....I've got my title page, and an entire page full of "intro" paragraphs. And, I've started the reference page.
So, if I turned this paper in as is, I have failed to answer the question at all & failed to meet the length requirement. But hey---it's formatted correctly, has no spelling errors, and I raise some mighty controversial/ethical issues. That should count for something, right?

Oh---and just so we're all clear: it's been clarified for me. this paper counts as 30 points toward my final grade...not the 50 that I originally thought. That's our NEXT assignment that is worth 50% of the total.

Grad School....am I done yet????????????

To turn this all around: I should quit complaining because I have the opportunity to get an advanced degree. Many people don't have the same opportunity, and certainly don't have the option to get their master's degree with their current employer reimbursing education expenses. I need to buckle down, do my work, and be appreciative of the blessings I have. Right?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Yup. Appreciate it. Now get back to work before your butt falls asleep. (I used to read in the bathroom because it a big family it's the only place I usually had privacy)

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Hold on. You said bedroom, not bathroom. I was envisioning you sitting on the cold tile. But writing papers that have so many restrictions still blows.

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Yes, you should appreciate the opportunity but studying and writing papers is NOT easy when you have children. Did it years ago. What a challenge - and a nightmare.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

It is a huge blessing to get your tuition reimbursed. I wish I had that! But, I also know how hard it is to find the motivation sometimes. GOOD LUCK!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home