Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

For The Love! Will It Never End???

So......for any guy or gal reading this who does not want to listen to me vent about my period---you need to stop reading & just go elsewhere for a minute.

So....had my D&C on 7/25. Had the cramping & bleeding after that. It stopped.
On 8/25, started bleeding again.
It's 9/5, and I'm still bleeding.
We're on day 12 of bleeding, and I'm over it. I'm ready to be done with it.

So...I thought---this period has been longer & lighter than normal. I'm sure my body is just readjusting. Just trying to reclaim that balance that it used to know.

But....I email the dr's office just in case. They have a website & you can email a nurse, which I have no problem doing. BUT---every single time that they CALL me back instead of emailing me back, I know it's not a quick or easy/simple thing that I've thought it was. So, Stephanie called me back, and Dr.B is now concerned....they need me to have blood drawn today b/c I'm still having bleeding. They want to check my beta again & "follow it down to zero." I was told that "some women continue to bleed small amounts over a longer period of time, or the continuation of the bleeding could indicate retained products of conception."

The pathology they did on my original "products of conception" indicated that they found the embryo, so I know the baby isn't still in there. What could still be in there? The endometrial lining---well, isn't that what your period IS every month?
And....if there were "retained products of conception", wouldn't I have some type of raging infection by now? I've had no fever....or other "southern" indicators of infection, so I'm sure that's not the case.

I swear it's like this whole thing just won't END.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

That really sucks. I am so sorry.

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

1- That sux but, I have heard of it happenning. I hope this doesn't piss you off but, I'm just trying to help- just don't be afraid to ask. Your doctor should always tell you in words you can understand what is going on with you.

I have so many diseases and they have a million long names and symptoms. I used to be so intimidated but, I got over it.

Let me know about Camillia Grille.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I am so sorry.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

No, I understand what he's saying. I understand that in someone who carried a pregnancy farther than mine may retain things like, bits of the placenta....but, losing my pregnancy at such an early stage led me to believe that there wasn't really a "placenta" so to speak.

I'm not intimidated. I just don't want to have what they think MAY be going on.
Hopefully, there's nothing in there, and my body is just taking a while to get back to it's balance....


About Camellia Grill---I say, any time you are in New Orleans & don't eat there, is a complete waste of a trip. OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO THERE! I heard that it is reopened...and you should get a cheeseburger & a shake & a waffle.
:)

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

man that does really suck! It's like you won't be able to even start the healing process until this is all just over with the visual reminder EVERYDAY!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Oh, sweetie - that is so rough.
Hang in there - you'll be fine.

 
At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping it nothing serious. You are right if you had an infection you would have the fever as a sign.

I'm sorry the physical aspects haven't ended yet. It's best to be checked out by the Dr. Hang in there!

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Oh, Laine. I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

 
At 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that this won't end for you.

I need to tell you that one of my losses was exactly the same way. It took a few weeks for it to be really DONE. And it was an early loss, as well.


Hope it's all normal. Just know that it probably is.

XOXO

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Carole hasn't been posting because of the move and internet problems...but I know she passed something quite a while after her second miscarriage. Once it was passed everything went back to normal. :) I hope it gets back to normal for you soon. Send your bleeding on over to me...I am on day 46 of my current cycle. I wouldn't complain if we weren't trying to get pregnant! :) I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive energy thoughts!

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Ok, we will get that but, I meant do you want me to get you something??

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm frustrated for you!

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

oh, kristen---you are so sweet, but no. just eat there. go there. and be happy. it's a wonderful place. if you take the trolley uptown past Tulane...at the end of St.Charles where it turns (onto Carrollton, I think), you get off at the 1st stop. it'll be on your left. sooooooo good!

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger MadMad said...

Oh, I am soooo sorry. I was a little reluctant to comment on such a personal subject on a new-to-me blog, but having been through it myself, I thought it might help. When I miscarried, I was given a D&C as well, but I guess they try not to do "too much" for fear of hurting your uterus and preventing future pregnancies. I ended up continuing to bleed for even longer than my pregnancy had lasted in the first place! Yikes! I needed a second procedure to remove the "remaining byproducts" or whatever the term was. It all sucks. Ugh! I'm so sorry.

 
At 4:57 AM , Blogger Christy said...

That stinks. Maybe this month is just a fluke, and next month everything will be back to normal.

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Have you heard anything from the blood work?? I am thinking of you and hope it all gets sorted out and that it is nothing serious. I'm sorry!

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger ? said...

It must be disheartening to deal with this. You are in my prayers.

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

ugh. i sympathize. after bleeding half of every month (and in-between, too) and having every treatment and test and pathology, i opted to have the darn thing taken OUT! feeling much better now. bleeding sucks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home