Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yesterday...

Oh my....yesterday I really was quite productive...

I decided that I wanted to clean up & reorganize the living room. Then I decided that I wanted to rearrange the furniture.

So...I got ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the toys, and placed them alongside one wall of the room.


and then...I got to work. moving things....sweeping the floor where the furniture had been...windexing the tables....etc.

And then I hit a snag:

DAMN YOU RUG! I am so sick of the pattern on the rug. I've mentioned that before. But, it matches the room....and it's a soft cover for the hardwoods...& that allows us to get down & play on the floor...and it's easier for me to not have to sweep the whole living room floor all of the time....

But...I pushed, and I pulled, and I wedged that damn couch right up in the middle of that rug until I could NOT get it over the hump by myself, and I couldn't pull the rug flat. By then, I was sweaty & the thermostat was set on 78. I even tried to "show that rug" by rolling him up & putting him in a closet somewhere! ...but, I couldn't get it out from under the couch. That's when I got the bright idea to cut the rug up with a box cutter & get it out of the living room in pieces.
As I searched & could not find a box cutter...I rethought my plan, and decided against destroying the freaking rug since I remembered how much it cost & how we just got it about a year & a half ago.

So....that's when I decide to go through the toys & organize them all. Naturally---all of these events took place during Gage's naptime. Well, as I start to go through the toys, Gage wakes up.
I got him out of his crib, and as we entered the living room---his eyes lit up like Christmas. Going through his head: "ALL MY TOYS! I CAN SEE & PLAY WITH ALL MY TOYS!"
At that point, all hell broke loose & we had a kinked rug, furniture every which way, and toys from front door to back door.

When my husband got home, this was the state of the living room:


...and quite frankly---I was disappointed in myself for painting myself into a corner. I mean, don't you just want to start a project & finish it completely by yourself sometimes....without having to depend on someone else to help???
That's what I wanted to do yesterday.

But, all in all...the living room is much more organized now.
:)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AACCK!!!
That looks like my living room
Every.Single.Day.

I need to take one day off from work, take the kids to daycare & go through the toys & get rid of stuff

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

That is what my living always looks like.

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I like the rug. A lot

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I understand what you mean, you start out with super grand intentions and end up with a huge mess. At least you made Gage's afternoon! Christmas in August sounds nice. Oh, and thanks fir the diaper doubler suggestion! They are magical!!

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger S said...

Been there, done that many times. I just tell J that I wanted him to feel "involved" with "family tasks". LOL - it's a load of BS and he knows it, but he stil helps and I get to finish what I started, sooooo All Good! :-P

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Hmmm that exact same thing happened to me when I was supposed to be cleaning out our loft.... it is still in disarray about hmm... 2 months later!

I'm glad at least one of us got organized!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home