Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, August 25, 2007

We have a name...

Masyn Coy D---.

We found out about the baby on 7/16/7.
We found out on 7/24/7 that the baby died.
We said our good-byes on 7/25/7.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's amazing how something the size of a sesame seed could turn your whole world upside down.

So, I got the pathology results...the baby died in the embryo stage, and when they looked at it, they could not estimate at what week it stopped developing because it had already started to decompose. So....all they can say for certain is, yes, there was a pregnancy, yes it was pre-fetus in the embryonic stage.
So what do I do??? I google sh*t. I read that it becomes a fetus around 8 weeks. So, we were at less than 8 weeks when the baby died. Beyond that, we won't ever know much more. Because there is no external genitalia formed at that point, they would have had to do more extensive testing than what was ordered in order to determine the gender. So...we don't know. And we won't know.....

So, we have our gender neutral, miss-you-baby name.
Masyn Coy D***.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger Reid said...

I'm glad you are finding ways to patch up your heart and honor your little, little one. God Bless sweet little Masyn.

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Em said...

Wow its amazing what they can find out, my heart goes out to you! And i am thinking of you

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I hope this helps you. I hope that you get what it is you want from this. I don't know if I'm wording that right.

Masyn Coy is a great name.

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Maria said...

It is good to have a place to put your pain. And I am glad that you found a way to help yourself.

I tend to just withdraw. I think your way is so much healthier.

I hope that you feel at peace again soon.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Love said...

i adore the name masyn.

you are the mom to an angel.

what a ridiculously sad and ridiculously beautiful thought at the same time.

thank you for sharing so honestly.

 
At 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name.

I hope this gives you peace.

hugs.

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Such a beautiful, unique name.
And I think you are so right to name your baby. My sister (who had a miscarriage) didn't do that and still regrets it.

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Much compassion for you. I think it is good that you are looking at this the way you are.

Forever in your heart.

 
At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful name!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Bless you.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

I'm glad that you found a name for your baby, and that you keep finding ways like this to move forward with such grace. As you move ahead, I'm sure that you will always carry your baby with you, and having a name will surely help.

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Da Mommy said...

What a sweet name for a sweet child. You may not have gotten to meet on this side of heaven, but you will someday meet your little angel...isn't that an amazing thought?? Bless you...

 
At 5:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful name. I hope it bring you comfort. BIG HUGS!

God Bless little Masyn.

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I think it's a great name.

 
At 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

B - I love the name, and I think it's great that you named your little angel. Nothing is too small to have great meaning, and little Masyn Coy certainly did. ~Megan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home