Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Neglectful Blogging....

Okay, so I have been blogging....but I've left out soooooooooo much.
Of course....I have my pictures to prompt me.(because you know....I have at least one picture of almost every single day that Gage has been alive.)

So....
Stay @ Home Status....

So...I normally work 3 days a week, and stay home 2 days during the week, and have 2 days off on the weekend.
But------for the next few weeks, I will be working 5 days a week b/c my friend is going out of town, so I am covering her 2 days during the week. I have a feeling that I am not going to like it....but, I will certainly like the extra $$.
Gage & I have really been enjoying our 2 days a week at home. Some days just seem to fly by, and others....well, they are really llllooooooonnnngggg if Gage is in a mood. But, all in all, we've been enjoying ourselves, and for me personally---it's the best of both worlds. I get to stay home some, have weekends off, and still get out to keep my career going & have adult interaction.

On one of our days together....about a week or two ago, I decided to take Gage to the park. BUT---the day was hot & sunny, and the park near us has no shade. Full sun, and that would just be too hot & too much.... So, I took him to a park in Garland where I used to take Allen when he was little.


(hey Patty, like his shirt????)


(silly pic, I know....but it just makes me smile...)

And of course, there was LOTS of swinging!


We went to a BBQ a while back over at my mother in law's house. Gage got to play with his cousin, Forrest. He just LOVES Forrest, and wants to do EVERYTHING that Forrest does. And, Forrest is sooooooo patient with Gage. It's so cute to watch.


We've been dabbling in something new....

Gage says, "I don't know about these big boy underwear."
Yes, that's right...you can just barely see the waistband in the above picture, but he's wearing underwear! Now, that was our first day to try them. And actually, I bought them in the afternoon, got them washed, and we tried them in the evening. Within 2 hours, I changed a wet pair & a poopy pair. Yeah...that was fun.
We've decided, that after his 2nd birthday, we're going to put forth the effort & work on the potty training. but for now, it's hit or miss as to whether or not he pees in his little potty----and don't you dare ask him to sit on it. He's only sat on it maybe 3 times in the 8 months that we've had it. He mostly just stands....
But so far, we've gotten 3 packs of big boy undies: Cars, Mickey Mouse, and Thomas the Train (although...he rarely watches that cartoon, he wanted the undies b/c of the train...)

With Baby Gage, I've learned to pick my battles.

See this outfit? Well, that SuperMan top, he loves it. It's part of a pajama set. He would NOT let me take the top off one morning. We had errands to run, so I put some shorts with it, and made it work. He was happy. And of course, after we got home, he had to play a game of "Gage Ball." Gage ball is simple: you use a bat to whack at any type of ball nearby. It's kind of like golf, because the balls are usually on the ground when you swing at them. But, you use a baseball bat. And, there are no bases to run around, or holes to aim for. You just whack at the ball. And if you can find a water puddle where you can continue to play the game, you're the winner. Because muddy, wet Gage ball seems to be the preferred method in this game...
***he doesn't know it yet, but we got him a tee ball set for his birthday w/ a package of 6 balls. I see backyard fun in our future!!!


So, tomorrow, it's back to work for me, and back to Memaw's house during the day for Baby Gage....

(this was Gage one day last week going to Memaw's....he's still wearing his jammies, and got his clothes in the bag....and of course, has his sippy of milk....)


I'm not really sure yet what all we'll do today....but so far, we've been watching Scooby Doo & playing in the living room....I think naptime is in his near future. He's been up since 6:30 this morning....

Over the weekend, we were very very very productive.
Here's what we got done:
-Gage's room 98% done
-fixed lighting issue in the den
-door replaced for exterior crawl space
-fountains fixed x2
-mowed, & edged the front & back yard; used the blower on the front
-soaked the tub with bleach, and scrubbed clean with Comet (so much for the grapefruit trick, right?)
-cleaned out & organized a junk drawer in the kitchen
-found my chopstick collection (just kind of happened...didn't really take much effort...I wasn't actively searching for it, but it happened this weekend nonetheless)
-bought a new iron
-ironed 2 garments & 2 hand towels for the kitchen
-all of the laundry washed, dried, and folded
-sorted & reorganized all of Gage's clothes & drawers
-tree trimming
-grocery shopping
-fixed the seat on one of the front porch rocking chairs
-sanded 3/4 of the other front porch rocking chair (both are to be repainted)
-got some of Gage's birthday decorations made
-got some of Gage's birthday shopping done....So far, here's what I've got for him: bubble bath, Curious George doll, tee ball set with an extra set of 6 balls, pajamas x2, & a mini-kitchen to keep in our kitchen*. Now, the mini-kitchen is currently awaiting Daddy's approval. It was an impulse buy...kind of. I've been mentioning that I wanted to get him a mini-kitchen, but we hadn't really decided on it yet, and this was only $20 at a local store...so I snatched it up. But, I'm not yet sure of the quality or size (the box fits in the backseat of my car, so unless there is a lot of assembly required, I'm thinking that it may not be all that....and, if it sucks, I'll take it back, & use the $20 toward a bigger gift....)

Anywho...this sure has been a long post!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 10:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE SHIRT!!! Gage is representing NYC! I just love it. Next time you come here I want to meet you. Girl you did more all weekend that I have done this whole summer...hell all year! Good for you! I love the nursery

 
At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starting potty training already? Impressive! Neither of my boys made any progress on it until they hit three years old. Then it was like a switch was flipped in their heads and suddenly it was easy! My daughter, on the other hand, just turned two and has been using her potty like a champ!

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Em said...

I know what you mean, i work 3.5days per week and then the rest at home, some days are so long counting down until my husband comes home. Others are superb, sometimes glad i work.

Love the tshirt, Billy has one that our friends bought him home

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Those pictures are great and I'm very impressed with your weekend accomplishments!!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I'm right there with ya - I work three days a week at Tyler's preschool as the pre-k teacher (well, one of), and I also work at our church as the Director of Preschool and Nursery Ministries (sounds impressive at least), but I've turned in my nokey-doke for that job and expect to be out by Thanksgiving...it was too much, and I am so looking forward to two days with Tyler soon!

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I didn't recognize the park. E mail and tell me which one it is. Have you ever been to kids kingdom in Rowlett? Now that my kids are in school and the temps will be going down, we should get together for a play date.

Don't sweat the potty training. Zakary is almost 3 and he just finished.

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Your weekend list exhausts me just reading it.
I love that "silly pic" of Gage.

Re: potty training - all three of my boys were around three before they were completely trained. Actually, the eldest was beyond three...if you run into a problem, get in touch. I received a great tip from the doctor and it worked!

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

OK, I'm in awe of how much you get done in a weekend and of how cute Gage is. Adorable in all of those pictures. As for Superman--hey, don't we all have those days when we wish we didn't have to get out of our pajamas?

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

yes, your weekend list makes me tired...

great pics!

matthew has some superman pj's... with a little cape on the back..
so cute.

 
At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy!

My boys have a NY shirt like that, too.

He may not really be potty training, but if he's anything like my boys were he looks SO CUTE in big boy underwear! After the diapers they just look so compact and adorable!

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

Wow, underpants! Brave new world!

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Potty training scares the shit out of me. I wish I had the courage to start with Porgie, but of course I am a total wussy.

Gage looks super cute in the superman pjs. My little brother used to wear his batman pjs everywhere. Very adorable.

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I'll be in NOLA on Monday. Want me to go to Camillia Grill for you? Email me at kristenhp@eatel.net if you want

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Happen to Adore that shirt...

Good luck with the 5 day thing...I't sonly a short while...

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

So lainey.... i love your blogs.. you know why??? Your son is adorable, you ramble along constantly just like i do, and you take tons of pictures!!

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

holy crap....your so productive can you come help me get my house ready :)

 
At 1:35 AM , Blogger Mrs. J said...

I wish I can have a job which would also allow me to have 3 days per week at work! =)

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Ok WAIT: You Iron your hand towels?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home