Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, August 31, 2007

TGIF!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well...Labor Day Weekend is officially off & running....

I'm standing in my kitchen, it's just after 9pm, and I'm making some Velveeta Shells & Cheese to eat for dinner. I didn't like the dinner selection made by the boys around here, so I opted out. Mac & Cheese for me please!

Dad's in town this weekend, so he's coming over tomorrow to help with some projects (whoa!!!!), and he's bringing us breakfast. Woohoo!

....and after the sh*tty day I had at work, it's nice to think that I don't have to return until Wednesday. Lucky me! My friend, Vicki, is going to New Zealand...so she switched my Monday shift with her Wednesday shift so she will have a full day for packing & last minute prep.

And today at work....I officially found the use for the phrase, "That's Not My Job." Now in the past, that phrase has been an ultimate no-no for me. Mega pet-peeve. But today, when a less than pleasant male told me that he was seeing double, so I was "twice as cute", and subsequently asked me to hold his dick while he peed, well, I officially found the use of "NOT MY JOB." Funny---when I got a big man in there to help him (after all, he requested assistance & I was not going to leave the man without help), well....suddenly he no longer required any help with that task. Hmmm...funny how it works that way.

So....we will hopefully have a VERY productive weekend. Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 6:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He did not really say that to you!!?

I am alot of fun, and don't tend to take offense at much...go ahead and tell me the dirty joke or tell me I look good in these jeans. But say something like that man said to you and I'd report him in a heartbeat. That's harassment, pure and simple.

 
At 6:17 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

oh shit. I think i would have peed myself if I was asked that!!!

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

That line works well for my job too. If I think a male patient is being inapropriate I go and get a male nurse and the patient usually changes his mind. Or I just say "Hold your own dick dickhead!" But only if I couldn't find a male nurse. Have a nice weekend off. I have to work tonight and tomorrow. Boo hoo.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Yuck. What a not-so-nice experience.
(I was going to say, "You handled it well..." - fortunately, you didn't have to.)

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Oh forevermore. Yes that's a good reason if I ever heard one.

Happy long weekend to you!

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

okay so also since i'm just that weird, i want to know what the guys picked for dinner that you didn't want!

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Misguided Mommy:
Frito Pie.

Fritos & Chili.

It reminds me of a skating rink. I can only eat it maybe twice a year.

 
At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOohhh...frito pie...add some shredded cheez and I'll be over in a flash! (except its about 90 degrees here, so the chili's not sounding too good. Invite me over come October :)

And truly, truly, as a social worker, holding ANYONE's body part that's not their hand...NOT YOUR JOB!!

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Love said...

okay this is out of control! who asks that??!! seriously a "not my job" moment!
thinking about it...i had some not so tempting proposals as a nurse. sick.
hope you're enjoying your time off!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home