Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Little Something About Loyalty...

So...I have this little boy (as if all of you were unaware of that...)

He calls me Mamaaaaaaaa or Mommy. Or Mama. Or Laine.

Yes, that's right. He's resorted to calling me Laine.
If I don't respond to Mama...or Mommy...or MAMAAAAAA!!!! then he says, calmly, "Laine," & I snap my head around.

Dearest Child-o-mine: I did not carry you in my womb & nurse you for months...nurturing you every step of the way for you to address me with my name. Do you know that I waited MY WHOLE LIFE to be your mother? Did you know that? Well I did. And you have the nerve to address me as a common acquaintance?
That's it. Your birthday is cancelled.

Or is it???
So...out of the whole heart-breaking, gut-wrenching name drama...comes the bit about loyalty, and the bit that ties the blog title to the actual post....

So, Gage and I routinely snuggle on the couch prior to bed. Or we snuggle in the rocking chair...just whatever. We snuggle. I stare into his eyes & rub his little head. I try to touch every part of his little head before he goes to sleep. And I always say, "Are you Mommy's Boy?" To which he always replies, "No." (mostly b/c he has never said "yes" yet.)

Well...yesterday, he was at Memaw's house. [she is my mother-in-law, and keeps him during the day while we work.] Memaw said to Gage, "Are you Memaw's boy?" To which he replied, "No! Laaaaaaaaine's Boooooy."

And so it goes...my child is very loyal to me.
Thank goodness. And Gage....I promise, that just might be one of the only occasions where it will be okay to call me "Laine." Can we please just stick to Mama or Mommy, please? I know---there are many more women in this world that go by Mama or Mommy than there are women who go by Laine....but being your Mama just makes my whole world a bit brighter...And I love being your Mommy.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

yeah brandon calls me shannon now and then and i find it pretty cute because basically everything he says right now sounds sooo cute

 
At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 4 year old Princess tells everyone her own name, along with everyone else in the family's names. And she doesn't call me mommy - she tells people my first name.

Little shit.

xoxo

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger S said...

It's better than the "ugh, ugh, UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH!" I get w/finger pointing at something it takes me minutes to figure out. LOL.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Christy said...

My mother told me that I called her by her real names for YEARS. Kids are funny!

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

"A common acquaintance"--how funny!

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

awwwww that is absolutely adorable... My friends little boy did the same thing when his annoying aunt kept saying over and over 'I love you , do you love me' he said, "I love my mommy" lol kids rule :)

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

That's too funny! Poor Lainey.

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Da Mommy said...

That's so funny...had to laugh about the snapping your head around...guess he got what he was looking for, right?? LOL!! Smart kid...watch out Lainey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home