Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

6/17/7....Father's Day 2007

Well, let's start at the beginning.

Some highlights of Gage & Daddy....



























And that, my friends, is Damon being a dad. And...Gage growing up before our very eyes!


And, the beginning of Father's Day 2007 really leaves off @ the night before.
So, on 6/16, we had the party. Guests cleared out around 2:30. Melis & Colin had to get up & leave around 3:45.

So, the baby went down to bed later than normal for him.
At 6am, he woke up wanting milk-milk. So, did that...he wanted to rock, so we rocked as he took his bottle.

I hear the cell phone ring.

I keep rocking. My brain starts thinking: who in the world is calling me at 6am on a Sunday morning? It must be an emergency. So, when I finished rocking Gage, I went & checked my phone. 7 missed calls from Melissa's cell. Oh no.
Called her. Colin lost his wallet. That sucks. I looked ALL OVER MY HOUSE, including Gage's room, where I just got him back to sleep. Didn't matter-he was fine. And tired.
Looked in my car. Looked in my yard, on the back patio, everywhere. Nothing. No luck.
They had to file a police report, go through all of this crap, and FINALLY got back to STL Sunday evening. Bless their hearts. I just felt so bad for them.

Anyway....Gage slept until 11:38. I of course dozed on the couch after looking for the wallet, and prior to Gage waking. Damon didn't get up until 12:30, b/c after all, we'd been up late the night before, Gage had been quiet, and it was Father's Day!

So, he opened his gift from Gage...

It's from Brookstone. It's a case that includes all kinds of waterhose attachments for washing the cars at home. I thought Damon would really like it....I mean, Gage wanted to get it for his Daddy.
:)

Then, Damon b*tched about it, but he cooked breakfast. [i'm not super-enthused about cooking, and then if I say that I will do it, he wants to tell me WHAT to cook & micro-manage my cooking...so, it's not that enjoyable. we've discussed this a lot, and he's getting better...but still...I don't enjoy cooking THAT much.]
So, we had pancakes & sausage for breakfast, and it was great b/c HE cooked it.

After that....lazy/play time.... Gage got sleepy again around 2:30. He & Damon took a nap.... After that I took Gage outside to play while Damon watched the U.S. Open. We had party leftovers for dinner....

I'd say he had a pretty good Father's Day!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like an awesome party!

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

There is nothing sexier then a man playing with his kids.

 
At 5:09 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I love the pictures. Tells a beautiful story of daddy and baby.

My husband is the same way about the cooking thing. He always stands over my shoulder, telling me what I should have done. Fortunately, he only makes me cook once a week.

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger Denver Dad said...

What an awesome tribute! Well done... both you for putting up all those pictures and Gage's dad, for being such an awesome dad!

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Great father and son pics - treasures.

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Cate said...

Those pics are so precious! What a wonderful post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home