Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Okay, so Saturday was my birthday.

Friday, we worked on the yard until 10 o'clock at night. I of course, was in heaven.
Planting, and arranging flowers, etc.

I love my new white picket fence, and so we were getting the yard work done to match.
My gift from Damon was the fence, & $200 to spend at Lowe's on flowers.
THAT ROCKS. So of course, I can't WAAAAAIT to get them in all in the ground & we stayed out until 10pm doing that.

Well...it's a good thing we did....b/c on Saturday, there was a surprise party at my house that I was completely unaware of.

So, on Saturday, I went out to lunch with my mom & Aunt Loraine. We went to the Cheesecake Factory...which I just LLLLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE!



For an appetizer, we had Fried Macaroni & Cheese.
What? Yes....Fried Macaroni & Cheese, and it was AWESOME.

After that, I had the usual: Portobello On A Bun. So messy, but so good.



And then....Hello Northpark. Anyone up for a little shopping??
We had a great time. Helped Loraine find some swimsuits for the beach. I got two summer dresses, and actually wore one of them home from the store.

And then we headed home....it was raining (really light, but still wet...)
Went in.... I thought, "oh, how nice, he cleaned the house for me."
Put his father's day gift away.
Went to the bedroom to drop off my shopping bag....and noticed how INCREDIBLY messy our room was!
Started walking through the house to find Damon, and out on my back patio were family & friends, and they all yelled "SURPRISE!"

He & my dad arranged for Melissa & Colin to come in from St.Louis!


Several of my friends were there!
Family was there! Neighbors were there!
Oh, just what a great time.

My mom & Aunt Loraine made the most wonderful cake. (strawberry cake is my favorite. I LOVE it!)


Hanging out in the backyard...

(yes, I know, I look pregnant in the dress. I'm not...so, move on.)





Damon cooked a brisket all day.
He made the best food!

Here are a few of us eating in the den...

And then we moved into the dining room for cake!
YUMMY!


Trystan liked the strawberries!


And Gage ate icing by the handful!


And so...we partied. We ate. We drank. We had cake. Opened gifts, and stayed up late!
Even Gage went to bed a little later than his usual time...which worked out well for us the next morning as he slept later than he ever has in his whole life!

Anyway...finally, around 2:30, all of the guests were gone except Colin & Melis. She & I slipped into our jammies, and I ate some more!

They were flying out on Sunday morning...so, they had to drop off the rental car, & check in for their flight, which left at 5:45. So, they had to get up at 3:45 in the morning!

It was a very good day.
A very LONG day...but very good.
My husband threw an AWESOME surprise party. Happy 29th to me!

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a great day -- glad you had a wonderful birthday.

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Mom Tu-Tu said...

Wow! I would love to have a birthday like that. Happy belated one to you!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Oh happy birthday to you. It sounds like it was a great one but I wonder how you afford anything at NorthPark?

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Maria said...

You sound as if you had such a great time!

I have to confess something here. It would be my LEAST favorite thing if I was surprised by a party in my own house! I'm simply incapable of enjoying myself in that way. I'd be worrying about how messy everything was, etc. And frankly, it would never occur to Bing to clean up...she'd just spread her arms and tell everyone to come on down.

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Wow - your day sounds amazing. I hope you enjoyed that cake. I want a piece.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

Happy birthday :) I love TCCF!!! my fav is the advacado rolls for app. and the Luau salad :)

 
At 3:33 AM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

that fried mac n cheese is addictive.

 
At 4:10 AM , Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

What a cool day. Glad it was so wonderful. That cake just looks amazing!

 
At 5:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You look great. It must have been so nice to be surprised! Glad you enjoyed your day!

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

Happy belated birthday. Glad you had fun and it turned out so well according to the pictures.

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Belated Happy Birthday!
Glad you had a wonderful day.
What a fabulous looking cake!

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like it couldn't have been more perfect!! Yay to Damon for planning it for you!

BTW - I love Cheesecake Factory. YUM!

Also - those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Nice dress, too. :o)

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

FYI: My husband is upset that there are no pics of him from the b-day party.

Well, we didn't get together to take a picture at the b-day party.

We were both busy entertaining.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

Happy Bday!

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Denver Dad said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had a good day!

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Cate said...

Wow...sounds like a wonderful birthday!

Fried mac & cheese...are you serious? Where can I get me some o' that???

And cheesecake.....mmmm...cheesecake! My fave!

I hope I get cheesecake for my birthday (which is tomorrow!)

Happy belated Birthday!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Talia said...

Happy belated b-day! Whoa, imagine what they're gonna do for you when you leave your 20s!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home