Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, I think I had a pretty good Mother's Day.

:)

It all started on Saturday... I got flowers from my husband & son...

And cards from my mother, my mother-in-law, & a card & picture frame from my sister in law...

On Saturday we had a big meal of smoked brisket, bbq'd chicken, potato salad, & baked beans (I didnt eat any of those...I dont like baked beans!). Ramona was there, Jordan & her boyfriend, Cody were there...Gene was there...Joe & Linda were there. It was a good time.

Then on Sunday, I woke up in the morning, and I had a gift from Gage...a set of 3 baskets that I wanted for toys in the living room, a 2 pack of tank tops that I love (now a staple in my wardrobe...), two pairs of pajama pants (that I LIVE in at home), and a movie: "The Chronicles of Narnia" (haven't seen it yet, but I loved the book when I was younger), and...this next thing, people probably wouldnt know that I would like...but my husband knew I would like it: A 4-disc, box set, complete with a book, limited edition Johnny Cash set. Oh, it's soooo good! I am still only listening to disc one b/c it has so many of my favorites on it...."Ring of Fire", "A Boy Named Sue"....anyway. It was a good morning.

Of course, we were out of coffee that morning...so Damon took Gage-duty, and I went to Exxon & got a cup of coffee. No, I couldnt be bothered with going to the store & getting coffee to make at home. No, I just went & bought a cup of coffee instead.

Then I went home...got ready, and went to Memaw's.
I had a great time.
Unfortunately, Gage didnt nap well all day, so he was fussy for a large portion of the time that we were there.
That's not how I want people to think about my baby! So, it was unfortunate, but that's just the way it goes sometimes....


Gage did finally fall asleep in Memma's arms, so he slept for less than an hour...


Anyway...we had a good visit there, and then came home.
Gage went down to sleep...

Damon & I watched Desperate Housewives, and then we recorded Grey's Anatomy & The Sopranos (so nobody tell me what happens! I havent seen them yet!). After that, we watched a TV show about this couple who had twins, and then they had sextuplets. OMG. I dont know how they do it. So hard. But, it really teaches their children about patience. They each had to wait their turn for everything. And, a family photo: forget it. At any given time, at least 2 of them were turned away from the camera. And, in one grocery trip---then spent almost $1200.00. I cant even imagine.


Anyway...that was it. That was my mother's day.
I got to see my child, my mother, and my Memaw.
I tried to call Gammy 3 times, but her line was always busy.
I'll get to see her next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home