Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, May 12, 2006

For My Mamasita.......

Mother's Day is this Sunday...and this post is for my mamasita...

"My mother is so full of joy and life.
I am her baby.
And that is better than being anyone else in the world."
-Maya Angelou

Was last year my first Mother’s Day? Is this year my first Mother’s Day? It feels like this year is my first Mother’s Day.

One year ago….we were laying in bed at my house….I was eating breakfast in bed (I was pregnant, so I was pretty much eating everything in sight). We watched Baby Gage on the sonogram.

How he’d peek his little head out at us, and then hide it again. His little arms moving like he was shaking his fists at us.

His bones were still forming…his organs growing…and that little heart was beating like a flickering light…. I wanted to know so much about him. I wanted to see him…I wanted to hug him, and smell him, and just hold him forever!


And now he’s here. He’s so much better than I ever could have dreamed. His smiles are my smiles. His happiness is my happiness. And there are times when it really hits me---nothing matters in this world but this moment. Moments when we are playing, or cuddling, or just acting silly to hear him laugh. He is my SON-Shine!

Before I ever got pregnant, I knew that I would love my children. When I was pregnant, I knew that I loved the baby growing inside me.

But when he was born….I had no idea that my feelings would be so enormous, hold so much weight, or run so deep. And it almost feels like I love him more every day!


I can’t imagine him going off to school. I cant imagine him going away to camp. I know that I’ll be the same crying-all-over-town mom that you were when he leaves for college. (Before, I thought you were silly. I was flattered, but I thought you were silly. Now, I understand it…) He’s growing so fast, and those times will be here before we know it!



Being Gage’s mother is the best thing I’ve ever done. The sacrifices, challenges, and balancing that goes along with parenting—that’s a lot harder than I thought it would be. But, the good times….they are so much sweeter & more rewarding than any mother could have described to me. And even if she’d tried…I wouldn’t have understood it until I felt it…until I lived it, and loved it!

So I’m a mom now. And you’re a mom. And there have been times over the years when I didn’t understand your motivation for different things…or didn’t agree with your decisions…or didn’t understand what it is to be a mom. Big things & little things. Now I get it. You do the best you can. You make the most of what you’ve got. You make mistakes, and learn from them. You get through the tough spots, and thoroughly enjoy the good times….making memories along the way. And some times, you just have to make time to play!

You’ve been a great mom to me! I hope to be a great mom too.



Mom, I love you sooooooo much!

View this video montage created at One True Media
Baby Gage

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home