Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 24, 2006

Knot-head.

So, apparently Britney Spears & I have something in common...
I feel like a bad mom, and she looks like one.

I dropped Baby Gage yesterday.
He hit his head on the side of the bathtub.
He has a big ol' knot on his forehead.
He was slippery & I was getting him out of the bathtub, and he thought I had him so he stopped balancing, and I didnt have a good hold yet, and when I tried to grasp him in time, he slipped through hands, and his head went forward, and the side of his forehead hit the edge of the bathtub, and boom! I could have just died...

I felt HORRIBLE!
I cried more than Gage did.
He cried for less than a minute, while I watched the spot swell & turn red.
So of course, we call the Pediatrician on call. Who of course said, "I'm sure he's fine. This is the first of many spills he will take." My mom & my mother in law all said the same thing...

Here's a pic of Baby Gage about 45 minutes after it happened...
Look at the top right portion of his little head. You can kind of see his "ouchie".


So the pediatrician on call said, "can he crawl in a straight line?"
"Well, I can put him down to crawl, but I cant ever predict if he's going to go in a straight line."

Anyway....there was no vomiting. there was no seizing. there was no apparent disorientation or confusion. there was no listlessness. he seemed fine. he seemed to be better off than I was.

Oh. I still feel bad....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home