Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, April 14, 2006

TGIF...

Well, thank goodness it's Friday.

Good Friday to be exact!

I've been pretty busy lately & have not blogged much.

Wednesday night after Aunt Loraine went to choir practice, she came over & had dinner with us. Before she got there, I was thinking that the last time she came to my house was when I was pregnant & she came to tell me that Riley died. And now, Uncle Glynn has died...and that was just a few weeks ago... Anyway...I was very glad that she came over. We had a great dinner & visit. Baby Gage was already in bed though.

And...she brought over the sweeeeeeeeeetest little gift for Baby Gage. Her granddtr is my 2nd cousin, Miranda. Miranda goes to tutoring & earns points for tutoring activities. She's 8 or 9 now. Anyway--she saved up like 20,000 points from tutoring activities to earn a teddy bear to give to Baby Gage. How sweet is that? SOOO sweet. So, she took the bear to Aunt Loraine's since I live near Aunt Loraine. And then she called Aunt Loraine to remind her to get the bear to Baby Gage for Easter. So, Aunt Loraine brought it to our house when she came over for dinner.I just think that is so sweet & kind & just very thoughtful for a little girl to turn her hard earned points in for a teddy bear for my son. I cant get over it. So sweet.

Damon is working on installing a water fountain in the back yard. He loves it. Got it from his mother. It has 5 tiers. I like the sound of the running water too.

Damon had Baby Gage outside yesterday while he was working on the fountain. Damon didnt get Gage's face covered in the skintastic stuff really well, and GAge now has FOUR mosquito bites on his face. He looks like a little ragamuffin. I guess his 6 month pictures THIS weekend are out.

I am very proud of myself right now...let me share: I have been working on a project at work for TWO YEARS. I had to take some time away from it while I was on bedrest & out with Baby Gage. Now I'm back. AND--today, my final proposal went through the big company that owns our hospital, and now it just has to be approved by the director of HR here, and the Vice President of the hospital. They both now have copies for their approval...and I cant wait to hear from them! Woohoo! This is all for the cell phone drive.... what a project. Sounds like it would be easy to set up & go from there...but you have to do a ton of research & go through all of the approval processes.... Anyway...I am in the home stretch, and it feels sooooo good. I reeeeally really hope this is successful.

I overslept this morning. I was soooooo tired. I was asleep before 10 last night, and up at 7 this morning. I should have been up earlier...but when my alarm went off, I was so out of it that I just turned the whole clock off. When I finally woke up, it was light outside & my clock showed no time. I jumped up out of that bed so fast! Ran to the bathroom & checked the time. I was only about an hour behind on starting my day. Whoops. Someway-somehow I made it to work one minute early. Kudos to me! (of course, I sprayed wrinkle release on my dress instead of ironing it; my legs arent shaved--thank goodness it's a long dress; and I have yet to put makeup on today.)

Oh...back to the fountain Damon installed. He wants to put a light up to shine on the fountain. Okay, that sounds good. But--here's the kicker: he wants to put up colored lights to shine down on the fountain. To me--that's yucky. I told him that white lights would be fine. And, he wanted the lights to be red. If you shine a red light down on a trickling water fountain---I'll just think of blood. No thank you. I told him that if it HAS to be a color--I'd go for blue b/c it reminds me of water, or green b/c it will blend in w/ green foliage. I am so not supporting his installation of crimson lighting. Thank you for playing. Please try again.

Side note: water guns & the ER do not mix. It's a crazy day here today. I swear if I get shot with a water gun today---I just might come back swinging. I can see the news reporters now:

"In Arlington, a hospital employee was terminated for assault on coworkers. The ex-exployee stated, 'They got what they deserved. I didnt sign up for a wet t-shirt contest!' Apparently the employee was disgruntled over other employees spraying her with a water gun. No official statement has been released by the hospital."

Anyway...That's all for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home