Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Saturday...

Well, it's Saturday.

I feel like sh*t. I'm sick. I barely have any voice at all.
Gage is sick too.
It all started w/ Damon. He was sick...then last Sunday Gage started w/ congestion...Then I started on Thursday...
Oh, on Friday--we took Gage back to the pediatrician's office b/c of the congestion & because 3x in a 4 hour time span, his face turned blue around his nose & mouth & chin. It FREAKED me out. Okay--w/ that being said, I should mention that it happened once while he was still in the hospital, and I rushed him down to the nursery & they told me not to worry & it quickly resolved itself.
Well---at that time he was fine. This time it happened 3x in a short amount of time & he was/is congested!!! So anyway...he's fine.

So, we give him "Little Noses" in his nose...and suction out his boogies (which he hates!!!). And, we put a humidifier right next to his bassinet.

I've discovered that it officially sucks to get sick as a mother. You dont get to take "time off" from mommy-hood. So, when I'm sick & Gage is sick, life goes on...and I get up...and I still have diapers to change & a baby to feed, and boogies to suction out of his little nose! And, I think---'Gosh, if I feel this bad, he must feel just awful!', and it makes you want to take all of that away from him...

Anyway... I should mention that when I left off my last blog, Damon & I were taking Gage to Farmer's Market for his Halloween Picture & to pick out a pumpkin. Well...let me just tell you all about that... So, we bundle him up...I get his costume out of the closet...lay it next to the infant carrier & diaper bag. Damon put Gage in the carrier...loaded the diaper bag, Gage (& the infant carrier) into the truck, told me to lock the door, and off we went. I ASSUMED that he got Gage's costume. I mean--I just laid it right there next to the baby & the diaper bag!!! Well, he ASSUMED that I got it. So, we get to Farmer's Market, and drive around until I finally tell Damon exactly where I think we should go for the best pumpkin (after all, this is my child's first pumpkin & Halloween experience...I'm such a new mom...).
Damon turned to me & said, "Are you going to put his costume on him?"
And I said, "Yes, where did you put it?"
Damon: "I thought you got it."
Me: "I thought you got it."
So, needless to say--neither of us got the costume.
But, we decided that we'd get out, get a picture, get the pumpkin--even though he was not in his costume.
Well--getting an infant out & bundling him up & getting the stroller out, and the camera....that took about 7 minutes. I mean to tell you--we were out of the car, just got the carrier hooked onto the stroller...locked the truck...took about 2 steps away from the truck...it started raining.

CLEARLY---we were not meant to buy a pumpkin that day. So we didnt. We loaded back up left.

So now...we may go tomorrow. Not because I am feeling particularly well--but because we're having an open house & have to be gone for a couple of hours.

New Topic...Movie Reviews:
Kicking & Screaming: kids movie...it's okay...
The Upside of Anger: talk about some unexpected twists. And, Kevin Costner...can you really ever see too many Kevin Costner movies? ...I think not.

That's about all I know for now...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home