Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Life is so different now....



Above is our first family photo....taken just a few minutes after Gage was born.

Notice I havent blogged much lately???
That's because Gage was born...

No, really...life is good.

Looks like I'll be going back to work the week of Thanksgiving. That certainly was not my plan...but thanks to bedrest before delivery...I'll have used up all of my FMLA weeks, and therefore must return to work when medically cleared.
That's okay though...I'm kind of missing work. Of course, by the end of the first full week back--I'm sure I'll be whistling a different tune!...we'll see.

Gage is napping right now.

We went to visit Mema yesterday. All of her sisters are in town visiting her, and she just had a birthday...so I went down there & she got to see Gage for the first time. She kept saying that she wanted to keep him, and that he's too pretty to be a little boy. (we wont tell Gage that she said that! He's probably going to be embarassed by that comment later on in life...)

Today is Gammy's 84th birthday. Called her....but she is off gambling for the day. Woohoo! Live it up! Hey--you only turn 84 once, you know?

Allen saw Gage for the first time yesterday. He was soooooo cute. He was too nervous to hold him at first. He was just sooooo cute about the whole thing.

My sister saw Gage for the first time yesterday. She was at the hospital for a good while during my labor. She was also there the night of the 11th for the big false alarm. Anyway--she had to leave before Gage made his big appearance, and we just hadnt gotten together since then...so she finally got to see him & hold him. That was good.

...and we talked about Riley. And we looked at pictures that Mema had of Riley. And we cried. Now that I'm a mom, I have a whole new perspective on Riley's death. It's like I feel a whole new kind of hurt that I didnt feel before Gage got here. I mean, I was sad before--I was angry--I missed him...I didnt understand it all....but now that I'm a mom...it's just...different. It feels more like an ache if that at all makes sense. And now--I understand when a few people said "I just COULDNT go" when they talked about not going to Riley's funeral. It's probably a whole lot better that I was pregnant during that time, and not a brand new mom. And I still dont know how my sister gets through her days. My mom says that she still doesnt really feel it yet. It's like she's operating on auto-pilot. Dont get me wrong--she's definitely had her good days & bad days...good moments & bad moments....but she seems to be doing a lot better than I'd be doing in her shoes!

Anyway....onto a better, happier subject....

Movie Review: Fever Pitch w/ Drew Barrymore....mega-cute. Loved it.

That's all I know for now!
Gotta run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home