Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

11 pounds & growing....

I cannot believe that my sweet baby boy already weighs eleven pounds. I know, because I weighed him this morning at my mother in law's house.

He's growing so fast! Whenever parents say "They grow up so fast"...boy, they really mean it! And, we can never go back. He'll never be brand new again. He'll never be so tiny again.... AAAAAwwwww.....

Anyway...he'll be 4 weeks old this Friday. I can hardly believe it. Really.

I often call him my little "Hungry Mungry". It means absolutely nothing...but he eats all the time.
Today though---he ate an extraordinary amount in one feeding...and I think he may be going through a growth spurt. He ate approximately 7 ounces. Now, I suspect that each breast produces a minimum of 2 ounces (because I normally pump almost 3 ounces per side...). He "emptied" one, I pumped the other & that was about 2 ounces (a little more...) & then he also took 3 ounces of formula when all the breast milk was gone.

...this may be way too much information for the average reader....but, since this is what my world has become--those who read my blog will either have to start skimming for content, or embrace discussions of my breast milk production!

Okay...back to my son...

Other nicknames developed for him:
Poohbear (because he poos a lot...nothing to do w/ Winnie the Pooh)
Sir Poos A Lot (also...Sir Shits A Lot & Sir Craps A Lot)
Tank (size...)
Chunk (size...)
& previously mentioned...Hungry Mungry.

Not much else going here.
Saw Dad yesterday. He was in town for a split second...So were Mom & Allen. They had legal stuff to tend to w/ regard to the car accident, and Allen's Pedi Neuro appt. Oh, the good news: Allen has been medically cleared to play contact sports. Dad said that his whole little being just lit up!
:)
Now, I know it's too late for football season this year...but there are always the Spring sports & football for next year.
Oh, I'm just so happy for him!!!!

Had some MLS showing thing for the house today. So...Gage & I packed it up & went out to Rockwall to my MIL's house (Mother In Law). Stayed out there for a bit & then came back.

Damon's home from work now...Gage is napping...

Big plans for tomorrow: Give Gage a bath. That's about it....

Signing off for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home