Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Work Bullshit.

Okay, I work at 2 different places.

My full time job is awesome. My boss is awesome. The HR dept. is awesome. It's all good....most days. So, when I leave for maternity leave, I will be on short term disability while under my physician's care.

My part time job...or "PRN" job is at a different place. The minimum requirement for me as a PRN worker is that I work once every 90 days. My last time to work there was in July. That means that I have to work again by the very beginning of October.

There are no open shifts @ my PRN job between now & my due date.

If I dont work by October, I will be automatically "dropped", meaning terminated.
I dont want to be terminated, nor do I want to quit this job.

I called the HR dept, and they said that they have no policy/procedures in place for any PRN worker who needs a leave of absence, or needs to be off due to having a baby, and that "this is the first time this has come up."

Then, it was suggested, that even if I'm getting short term disability from one job, that I still pick up a shift at my PRN job so that I wouldnt get dropped. Well, isnt that insurance fraud?? I mean, either a person is "disabled" or they are not. I could not in good conscience draw my short term disability from one facility, but go work at another.

I feel like my PRN employer is unwilling to work w/ me, even if I give them a letter from my physician stating that I will be under his care from this date to this date... etc.

UGH!

I'm so freaking frustrated.

FMLA will NOT cover me at this 2nd part time job.
FMLA will cover me at my primary job.

I was dumbfounded when the HR lady suggested that I am the first PRN worker to ever be pregnant...and furthermore that I work at their facility while drawing STD from my primary employer.

So, today I have to go to my PRN job after a full day of work here to meet w/ my Supervisor there & go over my annual employee evaluation. I just have to sign it in person. No biggie.
I already left her a message to tell her about what I've learned through HR.

If I clock-in today for this, then maybe I wont have to return to work there until November instead of October. I didnt ask if I should clock in for this or not. And, I dont know if HR will count it as "working once during a 90 day period." I'm not exactly sure how that wording is... Does "once" mean 10 minutes, or 8 hours???
And....I am going to ask, b/c it cant hurt @ this point, will they let me come in sometime during September & file papers or something for 30 minutes? I understand that there are no open weekend shifts for me to work, and honestly--I'm too freaking big to work 6 days a week or any 16 hour day...so maybe they'll just let me come in for 30 minutes one day & do SOMETHING! That will push my return to work until December...

What an ass-whooooooping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home