Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Update for Sunday.

Not much of an update really.

Had a rough day yesterday. Hormonally, emotionally, physically. Just not so great. I had 4 big contractions, but they were each about 2 hours apart.

Poor Damon doesnt know what to do w/ me when I start crying over the smallest thing--but I cant help it! It's like the tiniest thing that doesnt go according to plan, or doesnt meet my expectations---I'm immediately bawling like it's the end of the damn world. And yes, I can look back on it today & realize that I was a bawling, blubbering, sack of hormonal hang-ups...but yesterday, you really might have thought the world was coming to an end if you were at my house.

Damon made roast & veggies yesterday.
Used the crockpot & it was great. Except...he didnt put any celery in there. (No, I didnt cry about it!) I asked him if he'd use celery next time. I just found out that he doesnt like celery. Who knew??? And, who doesnt like celery? I love celery! Anyway--this just goes to show that we've been married for almost 2 years, been together longer than that...and I'm still learning new things about him.

Erin came over last night. That was fun. She was here from like 4 to 10. We chatted...I showed her the baby's room....she watched BB6 w/ me (she's not an addict, I mean, "fan" like I am). We looked at my little cross-stitching books...we just had a good visit. She lives in Saginaw...which is sooooooo far away if you ask me! She's a science teacher (like you, Gin!) teaching Biology to high schoolers. First teaching experience. She's only passed the first week of school so far...so, we'll have to keep checking in on that to see if she really likes it, or if the novelty wears off after a while.

What else??
Movie Reviews:
Bring it On: if I watch this one more time, I'm likely to puke poms pons.
The Sweetest Thing: w/ Cameron Diaz...cute, funny, chick-flick.
DeLovely: put it in the dvd player...havent finished it yet. In fact, I think I've seen about 30 seconds of it. Looks boring...but I must persevere! I'm going to force myself to watch it b/c it came through Netflix. Apparently at some point I thought it looked good.

The dog's still as clingy as ever. In fact, he's about 2 feet to the right of me. It reminds me of those commercials from the 80s/90s for that little doll, "My Buddy".
"My Buddy! My Buddy! Wherever I go, he goes!My Buddy! My Buddy! My Buddy & me!"

I actually slept pretty late this morning. Got up at 9:51.
For the past week or so, I've been getting up at 4 & soaking in the tub b/c my back hurts so bad. Well, this morning--I didnt do that until 6, and I was even able to fall back asleep after that. I usually cannot go back to sleep after I wake up the first time....so, this morning I am very well rested.
:)

What else???? Dad called at the butt-crack of dawn this morning. I was soooooo pissed. But, he knows that I am normally up from about 4am on, so in his defense, the eight o'clock hour wasnt really that early. It's just that today it was.

Sent a roll of film in to Snapfish. I thought that everytime I sent them a roll of film that they'd put it on my little personal snapfish website. Well, for some reason (I probably didnt fill out the order form correctly), they didnt upload the images. They are mailing me the prints...but now I dont have them to access & share online. That stinks! But, I am excited about getting the prints. We have about 6 or 7 disposable cameras from who knows when (these were pre-digital camera days...& back when I was Queen of losing the camera). I randomly select a full one to send in every now & then. So, when we get the prints (or see the album online), it's like a total grab-bag, blast from the past. It's so fun. The last disposable camera I did this with--the pictures were from when we first moved into this house & we were renovating the kitchen. For those who dont know--we had to tear out turquoise carpet from our kitchen. It was bad...it was really bad.

Here are some photos...
Scraping the floor (after carpet was removed...)

New floor...almost done...

After Picture...a renovated kitchen!(now dont get me wrong...there are still things I would change, but this is a great improvement from the dark cabinets, gold countertops, and turquoise carpet!)



What else for today's update...dont have much scheduled for today. I guess I'll lay in bed & cross-stitch & watch TV. Tons of fun, huh??? I'm going to make cinnamon rolls when Damon wakes up. That's really all that's planned.

Today's contraction count so far: zero.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home